Why can't I log into the TOS webpage while other services such as Samba can be accessed normally?

TOS system configuration
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Why can't I log into the TOS webpage while other services such as Samba can be accessed normally?

Post by TMzethar »

Troubleshooting

Applicable models:
All TNAS models

Applicable version:
TOS 4.1.x ~ 4.2.x

Solution:

A. Log in to the TNAS terminal with ssh as root, execute the following instrcution:

Code: Select all

service nginx start
Refresh the TOS page.

B. If method A does not solve the problem, please excute the following instruction:

Code: Select all

service nginx stop
cp /etc.default/nginx/nginx-extend.conf /etc/nginx
cp /etc.default/nginx/nginx-http.conf /etc/nginx
cp /etc.default/nginx/nginx.conf /etc/nginx
service nginx start
Refresh TOS page
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Leon67

Re: Why can't I log into the TOS webpage while other services such as Samba can be accessed normally?

Post by Leon67 »

I have the same problem on F4-423 TOS 5.0.166, but the recommendations did not help. what else can be done?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: Why can't I log into the TOS webpage while other services such as Samba can be accessed normally?

Post by TMRyan »

Do you use any features and apps? What did you do to cause this to happen?
If you can't log in with ssh, restart TNAS and still the same result, you need to reinstall the system: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=423
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
Leon67

Post by Leon67 »

This problem arose after a regular reboot of the system. I reinstalled the system and so far everything is working fine.I installed and then uninstalled some regular applications, perhaps the problem arose because of this.
greenal

Post by greenal »

Bit of a long shot, but my Win11 desktop will not find TNAS while my VPN is on.
sybarix

Post by sybarix »

Had the same issue several times on the F2-221 running 5.0.158 and 5.0.171. Nginx was also unable to start after a regular system reboot.