How to activate WOL?

TOS system configuration
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

How to activate WOL?

Post by TMSupport »

Applicable models:
F2-221, F2-421, F4-221, F4-421, F5-221, F5-225, F5-421, F5-422, F8-421, F8-422.
(Only for some earlier batches of X86 models. ARM models and unlisted X86 models have the WOL function enabled by default)

TOS version: TOS4.2.04 or above.

Instructions:
Activate WOL feature in BIOS:
1.Locate the HDMI port at the rear of your TNAS;
2.Connect your TNAS to a monitor using HDMI cable;
3.Insert an USB keyboard to your TNAS;
4.Turn on your TNAS;
5.Keep hitting the ESC or DEL button to enter Bios;
6.Navigate Advanced > Power Mangaement Features >Wake On Lan, and change Disabled to Enabled;
7.Press F4 to save the setting and reboot your TNAS.

Enable WOL at TOS webpage:
Please log onto TOS webpage and go to TOS Control panel- General Settings- Hardware & Power- Power to enable Wake on LAN.

For Windows Users
Download and install WakeMeOnLan on your PC
Download link: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wake_on_l ... nloadLinks
Please click the green button to start scanning, your TNAS IP address will be listed, please check it and click File - Wake Up the Selected Computers and click yes.
WOL2.jpg
If your device could not be scanned or not in local LAN, please click File >Add New Computer to input the IP address of your TNAS ( or DDNS host name) and MAC address, and then check the added device and click File - Wake Up the Selected Computers.
WOL3.jpg
WOL3.jpg (11.69 KiB) Viewed 6275 times
For Linux Users
Please use cmd line wol TNAS IP address and MAC address to set it :
wol -i 10.18.8.154 6C:BF:B5:01:11:99

For MAC Users
Please go to Finder> Applications> Utilities> Terminal and input cmd wol TNAS IP address and MAC address to set it:
wol -i 10.18.8.154 6C:BF:B5:01:11:99

Notes:
1. Only the first Ethernet port (LAN1) supports WOL.
2. The WOL will only be effective after TNAS device is turned off normally (you can turn it off by pressing the power button or from TOS webpage).

3. Remote wake-up from the external network will be supported only when DMZ is enabled on the router.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
stevepalmer

Re: How to activate WOL?

Post by stevepalmer »

I have an F2-221 running TOS 4.2.08-2101111540 but no HDMI port on the NAS, no HDMI monitor, and no USB keyboard. Do you have an alternative method for activating the WOL feature in BIOS?

Note that the Enable WOL option is available to me at TOS Control panel- General Settings- Hardware & Power- Power in the TOS webpage.

Thanks
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

stevepalmer wrote: 03 Apr 2021, 06:48 no HDMI monitor, and no USB keyboard. Do you have an alternative method for activating the WOL feature in BIOS?
Hi,
1. If you enable remote wake-up in the TOS Control panel and the configuration is correct, the TNAS device still cannot wake up, so the BIOS remote WOL feature is Disabled
2. As attachment, you can remove the plastic, the HDMI port can be seen
3. Without these, the BIOS WOL feature cannot be modified
Attachments
HDMI port.jpg
HDMI port.jpg (9.53 KiB) Viewed 6027 times
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
stevepalmer

Post by stevepalmer »

Thank you for your prompt reply. Apparently, my BIOS had already been enabled and I've figure out how to activate and use the WOL. As for the HDMI port, it never occurred to me that the HDMI port was already there and that it simply required removing the plastic cutout - that appears nowhere in any of the documentation.

Regardless, thanks again.