How can Windows computer users access TNAS shared folders?

TOS system configuration
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

How can Windows computer users access TNAS shared folders?

Post by TMSupport »

There are some ways of Windows computer users to access TNAS shared folders:

Method 1: Access through TNAS desktop application. Click File Manager and input user’s name and password to access TNAS shard folders. Users can choose to log in either as admin or other users.

Method 2: Access through IP address. Double click My Computer on computer desktop, and directly input the IP address of TNAS such as \\192.168.1.100 in the address bar, then input user’s name and password to access TNAS shared folders. Query of the IP address of TNAS is available through TNAS applicatione.

Method 3: Access by creating a shortcut. For the purpose of easy access, users can create a shortcut for the TNAS shared folders. Operation method: Users can right click the blank space on desktop and select Create> Shortcut, and then input the IP address of TNAS such as \\192.168.1.100 in the pop-up menu to finish shortcut creation. Later, users can access TNAS shared folders by double clicking the shortcut and inputting user’s name and password.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
leaponover

Re: How can Windows computer users access TNAS shared folders?

Post by leaponover »

Hello.
I have my wife listed as an admin. Today I tried to go on her computer and map the hard drive for her to have access to (using TNACPC), but when I login it only allows her to view the one particular folder I made for her, rather than the whole hard drive with the original admin folder. I have her set with all permissions and as an admin, but even the files in her folder are empty, whilst they are showing on my computer. I'm not sure what else to do. Please advise.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! Please go to control panel -> shared folder, click “edit” to set read and write permissions for the administrator group.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
leaponover

Post by leaponover »

Yes, I did that. Multiple times. I'll try again. Should I click on the box for subdirectories as well?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Which folder is mapped can only see that folder. If you want to access all folders, please access via SMB service.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}leaponover

Actually, I do not really understand what you plan to do. If you set your wife's account as an admin, she can change all permissions anytime. Please provide more specifics then we can advise.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
leaponover

Post by leaponover »

When I try to map folders, it won't even show any of the ones I created as choices for mapping. It will only show appdata and public as options for mapping. I've checked permissions on everything. I really think there is some kind of permissions issue going on. I have screen shots, but no way to post them here.
leaponover

Post by leaponover »

{L_BUTTON_AT}leaponover
TMroy wrote:
> >
> Actually, I do not really understand what you plan to do. If you set your
> wife's account as an admin, she can change all permissions anytime. Please
> provide more specifics then we can advise.

I want to map all the folders to her computer, not just the one I made specifically for her. We own an academy, so I have a main admin folder with all the information for the academy, a folder for the lessons I created, and a folder for myself with lessons I've created. I want to map all 3, but I only have the options to map appdata or public folder. I don't have any options in the drop down menu to map the other 3, despite us both having admin privileges and all folders show permission as read/write.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
Please refer to the TOS help to use Windows Explorer to map network drives.