Raid change issue when new disk added

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
novisiblemeans

Raid change issue when new disk added

Post by novisiblemeans »

Hi, I have an F5-221 NAS. I've been running it with 3 x 8Tb disks in a Raid 1 configuration for about a year now. A couple of weeks ago I added a new 12Tb HDD as it was running low on space. When I inserted the new drive it proceeded to add the new disk to the old storage volume and change it to a Raid 5 configuration, with the result that I have no new storage space.

I don't need Raid 5 as I have all my files backed up elsewhere.

However I cannot see any way to revert to Raid 1 and free up storage space.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks in anticipation.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Raid change issue when new disk added

Post by TMSupport »

You should not continue if you don't want RAID5 configuration. The new added drive could be set as Single by clicking "Create" at storage pool.
Since you have backup of all your data, you can delete the current volume and storage pool and create a new RAID by selecting the first three drives as RAID1.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
novisiblemeans

Post by novisiblemeans »

So the only way I can do that is to delete ALL my data, erase ALL the disks and start again?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

You should backup the data first.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)