New to Terramaster, looking for good Drobo Alternative

This forum serves as a free discussion zone, intended to facilitate community conversations on topics unrelated to TerraMaster products and services.
XxUnkn0wnxX

New to Terramaster, looking for good Drobo Alternative

Post by XxUnkn0wnxX »

Hi I have some questions about TerraMaster's Products

Since Drobo has gone bankrupt, I'm looking for an alternative HybidRaid DAS Raid solution (Mixed Drives), now I know TerraMaster has its 5.1 OS (TRAID) that does the same thing as Synology's HybridRaid (SHR)

Does any of Terramaster's DAS raid boxes support TRAID? or the new OS?
I prefer a DAS solution rather than NAS.
Any software configuration Apps for the Terramaster's RAID boxes need to support macOS.

Otherwise if not, is there a NAS box that Terramaster has TRAID support and 2 Lan Cable Ports?
So I can set up a direct connection via local NAT directly to my computer and still have the other port for proper network connection.

My household has been wired for 1GB ethernet & my router only supports up to 1GBPs, the only way would be a connection directly to my computer
via USB. ThunderBolt ideally or via the ethernet port via local NAT.

I also need a 5 Bay or higher setup.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: New to Terramaster, looking for good Drobo Alternative

Post by TMroy »

TRAID is only for TNAS, not for DAS.

For a NAS device, you need to connect it to your router, and so that you can connect to it from any location in your house. You can connect the NAS box direct to your computer via LAN cable, but without HDCP service, you have to modify your computer IP to the 169.256.x.x segment, otherwise, you are not able to see the NAS box on your computer.

T6-423 is the recommended model which comes with 2x 2.5GB LAN port.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)