Forum functionality is a bit broken

This forum serves as a free discussion zone, intended to facilitate community conversations on topics unrelated to TerraMaster products and services.
V8Triker
Great Britain

Forum functionality is a bit broken

Post by V8Triker »

@TMSupport

I have noticed, over the last few days that various parts of the forum functionality is no longer working as should.
  • Reply with Quote - no longer in a nice phpBB box
  • Reply with at - Does not use the at symbol
  • Signatures sometimes show and sometimes don't
  • Post counts need re-synchronising (Many are stuck at 0)
I know you have more important things to concentrate on, but when things start going wrong it is often a sign of a impending complete failure :D
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out the window.

TNAS F5-221
TOS 4.2.39-2203011626
3X WD RED PLUS 3TB (RAID5)
2X WD Green 2TB (RAID1)
1X WD 4TB USB
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Forum functionality is a bit broken

Post by TMroy »

Thank you for your report, we will look into such issues.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
V8Triker
Great Britain

Post by V8Triker »

One cause could be that BBCode seems to have been turned off on some sections.

On some threads, my "User Control Panel" says it is on, but when posting it states it is off.

It is on here, but off when I try to reply to this thread - viewtopic.php?f=6&p=16955#p16955

TNAS F5-221
TOS 4.2.39-2203011626
2X WD Green 2TB (RAID1)
1X WD 4TB USB
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

V8Triker wrote: 03 Mar 2022, 22:45 One cause could be that BBCode seems to have been turned off on some sections.

On some threads, my "User Control Panel" says it is on, but when posting it states it is off.

It is on here, but off when I try to reply to this thread - viewtopic.php?f=6&p=16955#p16955
yeah, will report to the tech guy.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

Seriously broken for me in that I can't open a new Topic in the "Know More about TOS 5" forum.

The New Topic button is there up in the top left hand corner—UNTIL I LOG IN. Once I've done that, the button disappears. Oddly, I'm still able to reply to posts there. And the New Topic button is here for me in this "Forum functionality is a bit broken" forum

My other issue is that the only way to post screenshots across all the forums seems to be to use the picture icon in the array at the top of the text entry window. This icon requires the URL of a picture; it can't import a picture directly. A moderator, @TMAY, responded to this with an attached screenshot showing how to attach a screenshot. The screenshot showed a button to the left of the Save Draft, Preview and Submit buttons at the bottom of the text entry window. The button in the screenshot is labelled "Img-Upload". I've never seen such a button and I don't see here now as I write this.

I'm wondering how much of this is due to a residual dependence on Adobe Flash? I see, on the right hand side of this text entry window, a list of functions, beginning "BBCode is ON". Lower down in this list I read: flash is OFF (flash is in square brackets, but if I report that literally this post won't fly, because flash is OFF).

Are others here experiencing anything like this? I have reported this to Support but have so far received no response.

--
Chris
V8Triker
Great Britain

Post by V8Triker »

Maintaining a phpBB forum takes a matter of minutes, not even everyday.

Nothing has changed since I first started the thread. I guess they just can not be bothered.

TNAS F5-221
TOS 4.2.39-2203011626
2X WD Green 2TB (RAID1)
1X WD 4TB USB
Ashley.S.
Great Britain

Post by Ashley.S. »

This I believe is how phpBB works and how they've set the permissions for the Know More forum. We can reply, but no new topics in that section. "Flash is off" will relate to the FLASH BBCode, which is disabled (rightly so, Flash is old and a potential security risk). They've probably also restricted other permissions, such as attachments, either by accident or on purpose, but who knows!

It honestly looks like they've left the phpBB forum as it is with very few changes made by installing any extensions to improve the user experience. As a company, I'm actually surprised they haven't invested in a slightly more modern paid forum software such as XenForo or IPB, but there you go...
Kind Regards,
Ashley.S. [Terramaster F2-221 & 2x8TB Seagate IronWolf NAS Hard Drive User]
V8Triker
Great Britain

Post by V8Triker »

The issues I have listed are partly administrative ("Resynchronise statistics" and "Resynchronise post counts")
Others are possibly caching issues ("Purge the cache")

All three of those tasks will take less that a minute, even allowing for logging in to the "ACP".

TNAS F5-221
TOS 4.2.39-2203011626
2X WD Green 2TB (RAID1)
1X WD 4TB USB
Ashley.S.
Great Britain

Post by Ashley.S. »

Indeed, it does take a matter of seconds, it seems the admin isn't very active and it's just the moderating team here? My post was actually aimed at bidmead with his questions why he couldn't post in a forum and why the buttons appear first before login, as well as Flash :)
Kind Regards,
Ashley.S. [Terramaster F2-221 & 2x8TB Seagate IronWolf NAS Hard Drive User]
lincooln

Post by lincooln »

Добавлю при клике на домик ожидаешь переход к корню форума. А по факту попадаешь на главный сайт.