Automated folder sync between TM and Synology ?

Backup and restore solutions, issues, experiences
digi999

Automated folder sync between TM and Synology ?

Post by digi999 »

So , I have a Terramaster F4-423 running as my Plex server and my Synology DS1019+ (running DSM 7) as my main archive NAS (I collect game ROMS so around 34TB and growing just for that !)

On the Terramaster there are 3 shared folders (TV, Movies, Music) with (among others) the same folders on the Synology

Is there a way I can get the Terramaster to talk to the Synology or vice versa so that when I add a movie to the Terramaster it syncs itself with the mirror folder on the Synology ? , Ive tried with TFM backup but it just doesnt seem to want to search my network for the remote folder location

Ideally I'd like it to automatically know when the Synology is active (I dont keep it running all the time as it has the DX517 addon and with all 10 20TB drives running it pulls something like 130V comparred to the F4-423 pulling about 44! but I'm more than happy to run it manually just as long as I can get it to sync

Many thanks, I'm pulling what little hair I have left out trying to suss this !
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Automated folder sync between TM and Synology ?

Post by TMroy »

You can remotely mount the folders on Synology to your TNAS via smb or nfs file service, then use TFM backup to have a mirror backup between your local folders and the remotely mounted folders.

To mount remote folder from Synology, you can go to "control panel > remote folder".
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
digi999

Post by digi999 »

I've mounted a folder on the TM from the Synology (Movies) and set it to mount at startup , I can access the folder through DSM7 but when I launch TFM Backup I can select the local Movies folder but there's no option to select a remote (network) folder ?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

To use TFM backup, you need to mount the synology folder to TNAS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
florencepugh

Post by florencepugh »

To achieve automated folder sync between your Terramaster F4-423 and Synology DS1019+, you can consider Rsync which is a command-line tool available on both Terramaster and Synology devices. It allows you to synchronize folders between different systems over a network. You can set up an rsync job to periodically sync the designated folders from the Terramaster to the Synology NAS.