Expansion of base unit

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
DMD

Expansion of base unit

Post by DMD »

Good evening.
I ask if there is the possibility of connecting to the base unit (F4-210) plus expansion units (D4-300) that I should add over time.
Is it possible to connect them in series or is there any expansion card?
Thank you
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Expansion of base unit

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! You can connect D4-300 to the NAS via a USB cable as an external storage device.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
DMD

Post by DMD »

Hello.
thank you for your reply, but I ask if you can connect multiple expansion units.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

The SATA interface of TNAS (F4-210) can only connect to one hard disk, and cannot be converted to multiple SATA interfaces. You can only use TNAS (D4-300) as an external storage device, and it is not recommended to use multiple external hard disk enclosures at the same time .
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
TinPants

Post by TinPants »

I have a similar question:

if I add the D4-300 to my F2-233, will all 4 bays of the D4-300 be available or just one?

Can I add another D4-300?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

TinPants wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 02:55 I have a similar question:

if I add the D4-300 to my F2-233, will all 4 bays of the D4-300 be available or just one?

Can I add another D4-300?
Depends what do you want. If You format the D4-300 just as external USB device(like USB drive),in this case, your will have four folders mounted to the system for each drive. On the other hand, with TOS's USB storage pool expansion feature, you can create a new storage pool with your D4-300 to expand your TNAS storage space, this storage pool can be RAID 1, RAID 0, RAID 5 or RAID 6, then your D4-300 will be part of TNAS storage.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TinPants

Post by TinPants »

Ah, I see. If I expand the TNAS, I will have to reformat the drives on the d4-300?
Thanks for your advice!
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TinPants
Yes.
Additionally, it should be noted that in the current TOS version, when starting TNAS, you need to first start D4-300.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
TinPants

Post by TinPants »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMzethar

Thanks buddy, I started the D4-300 first and it's picked it up.