Can't create volume

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
Jac de Lad

Can't create volume

Post by Jac de Lad »

I have a F2-210 with one drive as single disc. So far so good, I added a second drive, it's recognized and I wanted to create a second volume. Formatting starts, but afterwards o only have the second pool, but no volume. And I have no option to create a volume. Am I doing something wrong?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Can't create volume

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! You can try to recreate the second storage pool and then create the second volume.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Jac de Lad

Post by Jac de Lad »

I alread did. The pool is then present, but I can't create a volume (the option is not available).
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

What if you try reboot it?
Maybe this can fix an unknown error so that the volume can be created.
You can also send an email to the technical support mailbox, so that we can better analyze the problem.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Jac de Lad

Post by Jac de Lad »

I rebooted twice. All the general troubleshooting stuff. Removing the drive and plugging it in again. It's recognized, but I can't create a volume, just a pool.
I'll write an email to the tech support. If TOS 5 isn't too far away I can also wait if it works there.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

You can try to remove your second drive, delete all partitions and format it on your computer, then try again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Jac de Lad

Post by Jac de Lad »

I'll try this on weekend.
Jac de Lad

Post by Jac de Lad »

Didn't work...meh.