Anti-Virus for F4-210

Discussion of applications not mentioned above.
ianbhenderson73

Anti-Virus for F4-210

Post by ianbhenderson73 »

Hello

I currently have an installation of Norton AV on my desktop and laptop computers, which is great at protecting both of those devices. However there isn't a corresponding component which can offer that same level of protection for my F4-210.

Can someone recommend for me a product that could be downloaded and subsequently installed onto the TNAS unit, and which could then update itself as and when required? I know I could theoretically run NAV scans against the TNAS unit but that would involve having the PC switched on long enough to do that, and would only read the shared sections of the TNAS when I would prefer to have a full sweep done of the unit on a scheduled basis.

I did think about downloading Clam for the TNAS but it appears not to be available as an Application any more.

TIA
titanrx8

Re: Anti-Virus for F4-210

Post by titanrx8 »

ianbhenderson73 wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 09:23 Hello

I currently have an installation of Norton AV on my desktop and laptop computers, which is great at protecting both of those devices. However there isn't a corresponding component which can offer that same level of protection for my F4-210.

Can someone recommend for me a product that could be downloaded and subsequently installed onto the TNAS unit, and which could then update itself as and when required? I know I could theoretically run NAV scans against the TNAS unit but that would involve having the PC switched on long enough to do that, and would only read the shared sections of the TNAS when I would prefer to have a full sweep done of the unit on a scheduled basis.

I did think about downloading Clam for the TNAS but it appears not to be available as an Application any more.

TIA
Clam is available for f2-221. Maybe ARM can't run it? It's a major CPU drain when it scans.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

As the ClamAV requires a lot of resources, F2-210/F4-210 are not powerful enough to support it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ianbhenderson73

Post by ianbhenderson73 »

TMroy wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 21:44 As the ClamAV requires a lot of resources, F2-210/F4-210 are not powerful enough to support it.
So does that mean there isn’t an anti virus solution for the F4-210?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

at present, it is.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)