Copy to external USB 4.2.30 Broken!!

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
Charlie_Croker

Re: Copy to external USB 4.2.30 Broken!!

Post by Charlie_Croker »

{L_BUTTON_AT}capnhowyoudo

It is a strange thing, if its working via Linux, it could be down to a windows update?
Ex Terramaster user. British citizen, Ex resident of KSA, USA and now in UAE.
capnhowyoudo

Post by capnhowyoudo »

{L_BUTTON_AT}capnhowyoudo
Charlie_Croker wrote: 11 Mar 2022, 19:09 It is a strange thing, if its working via Linux, it could be down to a windows update?
I thought that too and removed updates going all the way back till Jan of 2022 and still no luck
TNAS F4-210
TOS 4.2.30-2203011626
4X WD Red Plus 8TB (RAID5)
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

i'm seeing the same thing here

Windows -> F2-210 with USB Drive (NTFS) connected can write small files, but struggles with a 20gb file with the error

the USB drive will quite happily hold a 100gb file (Virtual Hard Drive) put onto it via USB Copy as part of a backup routine (from the F2-210 every day), so the drive connected to the F2-210 is set up correctly

if i plug the USB into a windows 10 computer and share it, i can copy the exact same file 20gb to the USB without any problems across the network to it, so again suggests that the USB drive is fine and its not a windows issue but something to do with the F2-210 that is causing it?

is there a problem with the SMB implementation when it comes to detecting the host of the file share as this might be somethng thats different, although both show Dialect 3.1.1 when i do Get-SMBConnection from powershell

luckily i only use the USB as a backup drive so the fact that USB Copy can write to the drive means its not an actual issue to me as i wouldnt be wanting to copy files over the network to the USB drive, they go to the actual NAS drive which the 20gb file copies to without any issues also

not sure ive helped at all but atleast confirmed / ruled out certain things
F2-210

zuc

Post by zuc »

Same issue here: copying large files from a local folder to a network share pointing to the external drive connected to USB port of the NAS returns error 0x8007003B.
Copying the same file directly on the NAS' internal drives works flawlessly, as does copying the file on the same USB Drive when it is directly connected via USB to the PC instead of the NAS.
I started experiencing this issue since I updated my F2-421 to FW4.2.30, and is still happening after upgrading to 4.2.32.
So I would say OP is not the only one having the issue, and it would be appropriate to fix the problem in the next update - shouldn't be impossible to figure out what caused it by analysing which changes were introduced by 4.2.30 regarding external drive management...
zuc

Post by zuc »

Is anyone at Terramaster looking into this?
This has now been reported multiple times by several different users (see also viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3212), so it's clearly due to the 4.2.30 update: can we expect this to be fixed anytime soon?
capnhowyoudo

Post by capnhowyoudo »

They don’t care ! I’ve given up and had to create work arounds
TNAS F4-210
TOS 4.2.30-2203011626
Overclocked

Post by Overclocked »

I had this same problem after updating the NAS to 4.2.32, here is how I got it fixed. Everything you find on google won't work because the root cause of this problem is the NAS itself. I luckily had a device configuration backup from around 3 months ago and by restoring the configurations the issue disappeared. Please note that by restoring the configuration it apparently also changes your device password to what you had at the time of creation so make sure you had set up a way to restore your password via e-mail or phone at that time. If you don't have a configuration backup that you made when the device was working normally then it seems you will have to reinstall the OS itself(without losing data*contact terramaster support?*) or just wait until a new update is released and that hope that fixes it. Cheers.
capnhowyoudo

Post by capnhowyoudo »

I had a backup of the config prior to the update and I did a full reinstall and still no luck.
TNAS F4-210
TOS 4.2.30-2203011626
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

If convenient, you can contact our tech team to help check the issue.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
billman424

Post by billman424 »

i just stupidly update my nas and now have this problem, i dont have any backups, has anyone found a solution?