Windows users cannot use SMB file service to access?

SMB, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, Rsync
HukuTy

Re: Windows users cannot use SMB file service to access?

Post by HukuTy »

Hi, I have an F2-210. I have two users installed on it. When I try to map a folder from windows it gives me access to only one user even though I enter both accounts. Is there any solution to my problem so I can map folders from both accounts.
TMAY

Post by TMAY »

Hi, please check whether the password of the user that cannot be mapped contains "$" or "#", if so, please change the password and try again
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

HukuTy wrote:
> Hi, I have an F2-210. I have two users installed on it. When I try to map a
> folder from windows it gives me access to only one user even though I enter
> both accounts. Is there any solution to my problem so I can map folders
> from both accounts.

this i believe is a limitation in windows rather than the NAS drive so TM cant really do much to help, windows will only allow a single user to connect per host name, if you really need to lock the users so they cant access each others shares, you will need a 3rd user that can access both shares and connect with this one username to the two shares

you can connect User1 to ServerA ShareA
you cant then connect User2 to ServerA ShareB

but

you can connect User1 to ServerA ShareA
you can connect User2 to ServerB ShareB
kumar380kter

Post by kumar380kter »

supported when using SMB service to access.
alkaisersaga

Post by alkaisersaga »

Sorry for reviving such an old thread but I ended up here after a few hours of troubleshooting. I could not connect via File Explorer to the NAS IP or mount the drive, but I could get to the web interface of my F4-210. I tried all of the troubleshooting steps described in the original post but still could not connect successfully.

Then I remembered that something looked off when looking at the Certificates loaded - all 3 were expired, long long ago. I came to discover that the date and time were so far off (year 2050) that the online time sync was unable to properly amend the setting.

To fix this, go to Control Panel > Region & Language > Time
Then set time to Manual and override the default settings.

Now SMB connects at full speed with no issues.
Hopefully someone else stumbles upon this while trying to build a budget NAS with one of these limited devices.
martingh

Post by martingh »

Hello,
I have an issue when entering to my NAS using the \\IP from windows, I can see only public and home forlders but not the rest that are created as shared folders with exactly the same rights in TOS.
Any help?

Thanks
cyber2tiger

Post by cyber2tiger »

I too have noticed the same behavior for my new F4-424 TOS Version 5.1.123-00529 that I booted up yesterday. The original public and home directories appear and the new BACKUPS and VIDEO shared folders do not appear. Set up BACKUPS and VIDEO under Shared Folder tab with the with same settings as public.
martingh

Post by martingh »

In the end I had to do a factory reset.
Seems I started doing things while the NAS was Synchronizing HDDs, so the configurations I did were not working.

For Terramaster: You should forbid or at least warm that while synchronizing the RAID the user should not configure things...
Was a bit frustrating to lose my configs.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

martingh wrote: 14 Mar 2024, 17:16
I am not sure about your TNAS model and TOS version, as well as detailed information, so I am currently unable to determine the cause of the problem
If you are certain that the synchronization occupation is too high, we suggest waiting for the synchronization to end
If you are using TOS5 and above, you can set the synchronization speed to slow
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

cyber2tiger wrote: 14 Mar 2024, 09:34
Are you using the guest user?
If you still encounter problems after trying the troubleshooting guide on the first page of the theme post, please generate and download the log report in TOS > Technical Support > Report Issues, and then send it to our official website homepage customer service window or technical support email for analysis.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)