How to set FTP remote access?

SMB, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, Rsync
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Re: How to set FTP remote access?

Post by TMnorah »

Hello!
Please go to the shared folder to check whether the read and write permissions of the files in public are open. If you want to use ssh to log in to root, please use the 'sudo su' command statement to switch to root. In addition, you can also use SMB to move your files .
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
xordiet

Post by xordiet »

The permission of public and destination folder are read/write for the user I want to make the transfer. With ssh I can log with admin but not the user. I finally upgraded the user to admin group and used a usb transfer app. I plugged the old hdd by USB and make the copy this way. It make think in one new feature. I'll write in the right forum.
dataonly

Post by dataonly »

I can access files via ftp on my local network but not remotely, i am a ES file explorer app on my android tablet,
I want to be able to access files on the NAS remotely so the kids can watch their movies when we are gping on our road trip
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}dataonly

You need to ensure that the WAN IP of the LAN where TNAS is located is the Internet IPv4 IP, and you need to set port forwarding on the router.
In addition, to cope with the constantly changing Internet IPv4 IP, you need to register a DDNS for it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
dataonly

Post by dataonly »

Thanks, got it to work now, i have been using the IP of local network instead of the Wan IP