How to reinstall TOS for your TNAS?

New system installation, system re-install
Billgaz

Re: How to re-install your TOS?

Post by Billgaz »

Billgaz wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 03:55
Shassouneh wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 12:40
DonalOS wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 22:03 Just tried this process on F2-220, with broken TOS web interface..
on restarting with both drives ejected, it just beeps annoyingly every 10 seconds, LAN light never lights up (yes it's lan cable is in, with light on, but not flickering)
What next?
Having the same exact problem here. Method 1 is not available due to broken web interface
The only option is to boot up with one drive (instead of all 4) to bring up the initialization page, or just boot as-is with all 4 drives to go to the broken TOS web interface.

How can I reinstall the OS? Please help.

F4-220 4.1.3
Same issue, I pull the drives and turn the system on it just beeps, put the drives back in boots the the TOS that needs to be replaced. How do you move past the beeps?
It Beeps about every 15 seconds. The Nic light never turns on. this is a f4-220
Giuvash

Re: How to reinstall TOS for your TNAS?

Post by Giuvash »

Hi, how can i reinstall TOS on U8-111?
If id dow this:
1. Turn off your TNAS device;
2. Remove all hard drives;
3. Turn on your TNAS;
4. Wait about two minutes, after the network light is on, use TNAS PC to search for your TNAS device;
5. Select the device and click "Login" to the "Initialize" page;
6. Insert your hard drives;
7. Follow the instructions on the web page to install the new TOS system.
Nas does not start.
Can i install tos 5 or not?
Thanks
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Giuvash

Which step did you get stuck in following the instructions?
U8-111 supports installation of TOS5.
Which TOS version was the device using before installing TOS 5?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Giuvash

Post by Giuvash »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Giuvash
TMSupport wrote: 19 Dec 2022, 16:52 Which step did you get stuck in following the instructions? U8-111 supports installation of TOS5. Which TOS version was the device using before installing TOS 5?
Hi, i used my old hard drives replaced from my old f4-220 and i found my old configuration! using a new hard disk i'm here https://support.terra-master.com/quickg ... 11&page=21 which version /file i must use on manually install TOS5? can i use of all ethernet ports or for the first setup i can't use the 10Gb? Thanks
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Giuvash
The system previously installed on the device needs to be at version 4.2.32 or above before installing TOS 5. If not, you need to install TOS 4.2.x first, and then install TOS 5.0.176. TOS installation package
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Giuvash

Post by Giuvash »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Giuvash
TMSupport wrote: 20 Dec 2022, 14:34 The system previously installed on the device needs to be at version 4.2.32 or above before installing TOS 5. If not, you need to install TOS 4.2.x first, and then install TOS 5.0.176. TOS installation package
resolved! thanks! (sorry for delay)
JimpanZ

Re: How to re-install your TOS?

Post by JimpanZ »

victorjhg wrote: 06 May 2021, 17:14 hopps402 wrote:
> TMS wrote:
> >
>
> In my case the file system wasn't damaged, only the TOS was corrupted. When I went
> through method 2, I was not asked to format the drives even though it gave me a
> warning. Before deleting this portion of the thread, perhaps consider adding a
> section under method 2 that states:
>
> "Every effort should be made to back up the data before proceeding with TOS
> re-install. If this is not possible, you may proceed with the installation, but you
> may be asked to format the drives. If you proceed with format of the drives during
> the process, you will lose all data on the hard drives. If you do not wish to format
> and lose your data, please STOP and contact Support if you see the word
> "format" during the process."

Hi, I get error "502 - Bad Gateway" after installing TOS Patch1.06 on my F5-422 with TOS 4.2.09-P1.04 and when reinstalling by method 2 at the beginning it warns that the contents of the hard drives are will erase, this message appears when selecting easy or custom installation. Can I continue with the installation without fear or will I lose all my data?
I can backup all my unencrypted folders that I have access to, but I have an encrypted folder that I do not have access to to backup as I cannot access the web interface to mount it, will I be able to go back after reinstall the system? assuming I don't lose everything ...
I'm having the same issues after following the steps perfectly. This process was recommended by the TM's support staff. I've backed up the TOS system and I have two pairs of RAID drives that I don't want to lose and data on.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}JimpanZ

After installation-restart-setting the account password, if it prompts to create storage pool or initialize the raid, please do not continue and contact our tech team.
You can find the email from my signature.
TerraNas2

Post by TerraNas2 »

I need to reinstall TOS, the update to 5.1.24 broke my system and now it wont launch TOS. I was previously on I was on TOS 5.0.176.

Since I cant launch TOS, I have to use Method 2, but I have a question. During initialization, should I chose "Default" or "Custom"? I need to keep my existing HDD data, so im not sure which one to choose or if they are both fine.
powerQ

Post by powerQ »

Pick the "custom".
F4-221 TOS 5.1.34 (SAMSUNG 250 SSD x1, WD Red 8TB x 1, Single drive)
F2-423 TOS 5.1.34 RAID1(12TB IronWolf x 2)