How to reinstall TOS for your TNAS?

New system installation, system re-install
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Re: How to reinstall TOS for your TNAS?

Post by TMnorah »

Hello, you can try to access the user folder in the home directory.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
xrivo

Post by xrivo »

Hi.The problem is that in the home I do not see any Admin folder. If I try to create the admin user it tells me that it already exists but in reality it is not true. I would not like that at the linux level the old account has remained stored to which now, reinstalling the TOS, I no longer have access
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

After reinstalling the system, the original user will no longer exist, and the admin user will also be unable to log in.
But the data of the original user is still there, you can see the data of the previous admin through the file management.
admin.png
admin.png (18.09 KiB) Viewed 3352 times
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
Giuppyz

Post by Giuppyz »

ciao, io ho lo stesso problema. tu hai Risolto ?
grazie
TerraNas2

Re: How to re-install your TOS?

Post by TerraNas2 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}hopps402
TMroy wrote: 06 Feb 2021, 10:59 This notice will be removed in future new release. BUT to avoid accidents, it is recommanded to backup data before your reinstalling.
Was this warning about erasing data during custom initialization with an existing install ever fixed? I was on TOS 4, and am updating to TOS 5, after resetting to factory settings, and initializing, I click custom install, and I get the warning about deleting my data. I dont know if that warning is real, or like you said something that was supposed to be removed but never was.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TerraNas2

In TOS 5, warning is warning, please take any warning seriously. If you receive such a warning during installation, that means there is no system partition found on your drive, or maybe your file system is corrupted, your drive is going to be formatted.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TerraNas2

Post by TerraNas2 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TerraNas2
TMroy wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 11:07 In TOS 5, warning is warning, please take any warning seriously. If you receive such a warning during installation, that means there is no system partition found on your drive, or maybe your file system is corrupted, your drive is going to be formatted.
Is there any way to recover from this state? I am currently on that page and havent done anything with it yet. I dont mind going back to TOS 4 if I can still do so.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TerraNas2
You can try to install TOS 5.0.130.
Shassouneh

Re: How to re-install your TOS?

Post by Shassouneh »

DonalOS wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 22:03 Just tried this process on F2-220, with broken TOS web interface..
on restarting with both drives ejected, it just beeps annoyingly every 10 seconds, LAN light never lights up (yes it's lan cable is in, with light on, but not flickering)
What next?
Having the same exact problem here. Method 1 is not available due to broken web interface
The only option is to boot up with one drive (instead of all 4) to bring up the initialization page, or just boot as-is with all 4 drives to go to the broken TOS web interface.

How can I reinstall the OS? Please help.

F4-220 4.1.3
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMLyy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Shassouneh
Can you hear a beep when you boot it? If not: Please shut down, power off, disassemble the device, take out the computer and let it stand for 20 minutes, and connect the positive and negative poles of the battery holder with a wire to short-circuit it.Then put it together, plug it in and turn it on. If yes: Please reinstall TOS and see if you can login successfully viewtopic.php?f=76&t=423
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @: