How to reinstall TOS for your TNAS?

New system installation, system re-install
Shassouneh

Re: How to reinstall TOS for your TNAS?

Post by Shassouneh »

I reinstalled the boot on the USB and re-initialized. However when upgrading to TOS 5.0 (manual method by downloading package from Terramaster) it gets stuck at unzipping (50%). Any ideas ?
F4-220 (x86)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Shassouneh

Before updating to TOS 5, you must update your system to TOS 4.2.x.
What version is the current initboot system of TNAS?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
davidhennes

Post by davidhennes »

Can someone please do a YouTube video on Redoing the OS on these TNAS. Mine has stopped updating (and would not let me update any app or install new ones and I am not technical at all. I would buy a new drive if I could fine the shopping link. I am a plug and play guy.
wouldchuck

Post by wouldchuck »

LOCK3D ransomware attack casualty. Accessing TOS with drives nets a 403 Forbidden. Accessing without drives gets a can not communicate with address. Is it totally lost? I noticed they even cleaned out the ADMIN and APPDATA folders left only their ransom note.

What do I do next?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

wouldchuck wrote: 26 Nov 2022, 23:40 LOCK3D ransomware attack casualty. Accessing TOS with drives nets a 403 Forbidden. Accessing without drives gets a can not communicate with address. Is it totally lost? I noticed they even cleaned out the ADMIN and APPDATA folders left only their ransom note.

What do I do next?
You can follow the guideline to reinstall the TOS, but at present, there is no solution to have your encrypted data back.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
wouldchuck

Post by wouldchuck »

I understood that the data was gone. However the instructions for reinstalling the TOS do not work for me if I can not get into it to initialize. After shutting the system off and removing the drives I have been getting a connection error when attempting to access it so I have been unable to use it other than to see the encrypted files and ransom notes when the drives are in. I do not want to put it back on my network so I have it isolated on a different router with only a laptop connected by ethernet cables. Now this setup is getting internet service through the wifi on the laptop. If this is the problem then I can disconnect internet from my home network temporarily and connect it to the isolated router. If that is what is needed.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}wouldchuck

Please try to connect TNAS (unplug all hard disks) directly to the computer via network cable. Then use TNAS PC to search for the device.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

@wouldchuck

Maybe they encrypted your init boot too.

I've never had any luck with tnas desktop seeing the nas connected to the PC by Ethernet cable. Your router should be able to tell you the IP address of your nas then you can try opening the nas web page directly in your browser.
wouldchuck

Post by wouldchuck »

Looks like the NAS is refusing the connection from the TNAS App. Called it a day and ordered a replacement from a different vendor. Will rebuild and call this a learning experience. I will spend more time learning about the risks and finding ways to better secure the data. Going to use the drives for storing copies off line and off site so I will never lose all the data.
Billgaz

Re: How to re-install your TOS?

Post by Billgaz »

Shassouneh wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 12:40
DonalOS wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 22:03 Just tried this process on F2-220, with broken TOS web interface..
on restarting with both drives ejected, it just beeps annoyingly every 10 seconds, LAN light never lights up (yes it's lan cable is in, with light on, but not flickering)
What next?
Having the same exact problem here. Method 1 is not available due to broken web interface
The only option is to boot up with one drive (instead of all 4) to bring up the initialization page, or just boot as-is with all 4 drives to go to the broken TOS web interface.

How can I reinstall the OS? Please help.

F4-220 4.1.3
Same issue, I pull the drives and turn the system on it just beeps, put the drives back in boots the the TOS that needs to be replaced. How do you move past the beeps?