How to fix a faulty USB initBoot for your TNAS?(x.86)

New system installation, system re-install
ianaway

Re: How to burn a new USB initBoot for your TNAS?(x86)

Post by ianaway »

Scorp wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 01:59 And I've managed to make it eventually. Used installation package and bootloader v5.1.96. It's packed with 7z btw. =) But problem was not in USB. Problem was with nvme disks, where TOS was installed. I used ubuntu live CD to destroy partitions on NVME and only after this NAS loaded.
I will try to wipe my nvme … maybe my issue is there ! It crashed during the TOS 5 install on the first boot

Thanks ! ;)
Spider

Post by Spider »

Hello,
I have the F4220. Getting the following messages "Failed to load the Bootloader!
Failed to load the Bootloader from server! Please check if your device is successfully connected to the internet. You can also manually download it from our server and upload it in the column below." I SSH into the system and executed the following command "/etc/init.d/mountusb start" I got no USB found.
Help!!!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Spider
You can download the bootloader in our website.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Spider

Post by Spider »

Thank you just did that and will let you know once installed if it worked or not.
stivm

Post by stivm »

this method is not suitable for f4-423 it only has uefi boot. How can I recover usb for f4-423?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}stivm

Please wait for the new guidelines.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
stivm

Post by stivm »

Scorp wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 01:59 And I've managed to make it eventually. Used installation package and bootloader v5.1.96. It's packed with 7z btw. =) But problem was not in USB. Problem was with nvme disks, where TOS was installed. I used ubuntu live CD to destroy partitions on NVME and only after this NAS loaded.
tell me how to restore bootable usb, I also have f4-423, it only supports uefi
Scorp

Post by Scorp »

stivm wrote: 03 Sep 2022, 04:31 tell me how to restore bootable usb, I also have f4-423, it only supports uefi
My NAS still syncing raid, so I can't turn it off. However, i can make bin image of USB and post it if there is no private data on it and developers don't mind that.
Spider

Re: How to fix a faulty USB initBoot for your TNAS?(x86)

Post by Spider »

I was able to get this working again by removing the USB stick and re-inserting it.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: How to fix a faulty USB initBoot for your TNAS?(x86)

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Spider

May I know what is your model number? and how long has your device been used?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)