Can't receive verification email during installation?

New system installation, system re-install
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Can't receive verification email during installation?

Post by TMroy »

Troubleshooting

The security email is an email address which you can use to reset your password in case you forget it.

During your TNAS initialization, you will be prompted to fill in a security email and input the verification code, if you can not receive the verification email, please try following solutions:

1. Check your SPAM mailbox;
2. Change a different email address provided by different provider;
3. Click "Skip" to kip the verification, but you still need to fill in your email address;
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
deejc

Re: Can't receive verification email during installation?

Post by deejc »

I had trouble using an email address with a + sign in it my email is user+application@icloud.com but initial setup it won’t allow me to enter this type of email
V8Triker
Great Britain

Post by V8Triker »

I can also confirm that it will not work if the email address has a '-' in it. Eg easy-it.co.uk

I had to use a gmail address instead.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

This mailbox will be set as a secret mailbox, and email addresses with "+" are not supported.
Do you manage user+application@icloud.com through user@icloud.com?
You can use user@icloud.com, which is only a confidential email address used to retrieve your password, and will not send you spam emails.
Other messages, such as array error email notification, need to be set in the notification of the TOS control panel.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
deejc

Post by deejc »

I had to use a different email but I use the + to differentiate my many services, the + or - sign is a standard in email for years so it should be supported really
V8Triker
Great Britain

Post by V8Triker »

TMRyan wrote:
> You can use user@icloud.com, which is only a confidential email address
> used to retrieve your password, and will not send you spam emails.

It is ironic that I am unable to use a domain, and SMTP server, that I control, and have to set my secure email address to a public SMTP server ;)
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}V8Triker
You did not inform us in detail about the problem you encountered, and we will not be able to provide you with any help.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
V8Triker
Great Britain

Post by V8Triker »

To be honest, I am used to the issue. It even happened with a large Bank, that I bank with.
I have gmail account for exactly this reason. But, I never look at it day-today.
If it gets fixed, it gets fixed :)
stefanheisl

Post by stefanheisl »

Hello,

Yes, indeed, at first I created an account and tried to link it to corporate mail. The Forum did not miss this format. But gmail works fine and the activation email arrives instantly.

Just use gmail, I think everyone has it...
stefanheisl

Post by stefanheisl »

V8Triker wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 19:13 To be honest, I am used to the issue. It even happened with a large Bank, that I bank with.
I have gmail account for exactly this reason. But, I never look at it day-today.
If it gets fixed, it gets fixed :)
You are right, this does not mean that TerraMaster has a bad and not optimized forum. Many forums on phpBB software also work and do not accept third-party formats.