Can't receive verification email during installation?

New system installation, system re-install
V8Triker
Great Britain

Re: Can't receive verification email during installation?

Post by V8Triker »

stefanheisl wrote: 21 Dec 2022, 16:53
V8Triker wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 19:13 To be honest, I am used to the issue. It even happened with a large Bank, that I bank with.
I have gmail account for exactly this reason. But, I never look at it day-today.
If it gets fixed, it gets fixed :)
You are right, this does not mean that TerraMaster has a bad and not optimized forum. Many forums on phpBB software also work and do not accept third-party formats.
Never said it did, just that there is a known issue with some mail sending systems if the email address contains "non-standard" characters like a dash "-".

phpBB forums have two methods of sending SMTP requests (emails), there is the inbuilt functionality which i know does not have an issue.
There is also the option to use an external SMTP server. It could be what Terrmaster have configured in which case it could be their fault.

I know phpBB forums quite well. I have managed various over the past 30 years, though only manage one now.
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out the window.

TNAS F5-221
TOS 4.2.39-2203011626
3X WD RED PLUS 3TB (RAID5)
2X WD Green 2TB (RAID1)
1X WD 4TB USB
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Thank you for your all comments.
But please do not miss up two topics, if you want to discuss the email notification for the forum, please start a new topic. The current topic is related to the issue of verification during TOS installation instead of forum registration.

We will forward the request to the tech team and check if there is any configuration inside the phpBB that can optimize the email verification issue. Before we can succeed in doing that, please try a different email address. Thank you!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
mcraghead

Post by mcraghead »

I too have this problem of not receiving the verification email when setting up my F2-210. I put in my security email and nothing comes. Nothing in spam either. I have a Yahoo email address with a username that is all alphabetic characters.

I was able to continue during the initialization without it, but now I need to reset the password because I can't remember what I used for the password (yes, I know :cry: ). It doesn't seem that I can reset it without receiving a verification code, which I still don't receive at my email address. What could possibly be the issue?

Thank you.