Ask for technical support from TerraMaster tech team?

Official announcements and latest news, awards from medias, and sucess stories.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Ask for technical support from TerraMaster tech team?

Post by TMroy »

If you are experiencing some issues and you cannot get countermeasures from TerraMaster forums, FAQs, and other documentation, You can post a new thread in the correct forum section to feedback on your issues, and we will reply to you within 12 hours. Or, you can directly contact the customer service via the live chat on the official website or contact the tech team via the following email address:

support(at)terra-master.com
Remember to replace (at) with @

Before you contact the tech team
You need to tell your model number, TOS version, hard drive model, and RAID configuration, and also what issue you are experiencing. Important! You need to provide details on how you operate to reproduce the issue and provide some screenshots or videos to explain the issues. The tech team will normally respond to you within 24 hours except for a public holiday.

The system log can help the tech team get more useful information to determine the cause of the issues. If you can generate and download system logs and send them to the tech team, this will speed up locating the cause of the issues.

If the above information is still not helpful enough, the tech team may ask you more specifics about the issue or even require a remote session on your device.

How to process a remote session
Teamviewer is an efficient way for the TerraMaster tech team to remotely check your TNAS and resolve some issues. Besides that, TerraMaster already implemented another new way to do a remote session for customers conveniently and safely.

From TOS 4.1.27, for both ARM and x.86 series models, there is a service called "Technical support" has been added to the TOS desktop. by enabling this service, The TerraMaster tech team will be able to check your system remotely. To enable this service, here is what you need to do:
  • 1. Go to TOS > Control panel > Network service > Telnet&SNMP > Telnet/SSH;
  • 2. Check "Allow SSH access", and click "Apply";
ssh.png
  • 3. Go to TOS desktop > Technical support > Remote Assistance;
  • 4. Check the "Enable Remote Assistance";
remote.png
  • 5. Set a valid time for the service; The service will be auto-disable after the set valid time;
  • 6. Click "Apply";
  • 7. Copy the "Identification Key";
  • 8. For safety reasons, create a temporary password for your "admin" user; And modify your temporary password after the remote session;
  • 9. Send the "Identification Key" and password of "admin" user to TerraMaster tech team;
NOTE:
  • A remote session from the tech team will only check the system configuration, your personal data will not be involved, and no risk of leakage;
  • Remember to disable the service after the remote session;
Share your system log with the tech team
The system log is great to help for troubleshooting your issue, a new feature has been added into the TOS update from 4.2.06. With this feature, you will be able to describe your issue in detail, generate a system log report, download the system log report, and email them together in one package to the tech team.

To download your system log report
  • 1. Login your TOS;
  • 2. Click on the "Technical Support" on TOS desktop;
  • 3. Select "Report issue";
  • 4. Describe your issues, write down your name and contact;
  • 5. Click on “ Generate report";
  • 6. As soon as the report generating is finished, download it and email it to our tech team.
report issue.png
Notes:
The system log report only collects some key system information, such as network information, hard drives, system configuration, applications, and some other logs, your personal data will not be involved, and no risk of leakage;
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
foucomm

Re: Ask for technical support from TerraMaster tech team?

Post by foucomm »

my system is a F4-422 and i install TOS 5. Since i upgrade to TOS 5, my plex will not hardware transcode. As soon i stream a video at a lower resolution, the system resource will go at almost 100%. But with version TOS 4.2, it will use 10% of the resource. That's why i think that the GPU is not accessible true PLEX. How do i fix this?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}foucomm

To enable hardware transcoding, you have to purchase plex pass.

By the way, you need to post your thread in the correct forum, or it may be deleted.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
cliftonwknox

Post by cliftonwknox »

I am currently using a F5-221 and I installed TOS 5.0.130 and then upgraded to TOS 5.1.144. Currently, I cannot see members of groups under the control panel in user groups, and it appears I cannot add any members to groups. Also, I am unable to share folders or mount them. Is there something I am missing here?

Clif
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}cliftonwknox
May I ask if the problem existed when you installed 5.0.130, or did it only appear after upgrading 5.0.144? It may only be a cache display problem, please make sure that you have cleared the browser cache after using TOS5. If it is not a cahce display problem, it is recommended that you check and fix possible file system problems, which can be a common cause of affecting user group permissions. viewtopic.php?f=79&t=2575 Also, can you see your volumes in the Control Panel? Can you see your ersonal user directory in File Manager?
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Please post your thread to the correct forum.
cliftonwknox

Post by cliftonwknox »

My apologies. Based on the title of the forum I thought it was. Thank you. I will not post or reply here.
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

Khator wrote:
> Is there something I am missing here?

This post is just a guide to asking for support through the NAS; it's not meant to be a post to ask for help.

If you have an issue, question, or concern, post it in its own thread under whichever subcategory it should fit @ viewforum.php?f=10&sid=e0d6e97adac52a7390208874d2c22b24.
usajet

Post by usajet »

I am stuck with this issue, TOS webpage always shows "Loading" How can I fix this?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}usajet

Make your thread in a correct forum please.