If you are experiencing some issues and you cannot get countermeasures from TerraMaster forums, FAQs, and other documentation, You can post a new thread in the correct forum section to feedback your issues, and we will reply to you within 12 hours. Or, you can directly contact the customer service via the live chat on the official website or contact the tech team via the following email address:
Remember to replace (at) with @
Before you contact the tech team
You need to tell your model number, TOS version, hard drive model and RAID configuration, also what issue you are experiencing. The tech team will normally respond to you within 24 hours except for a public holiday.
To understand your issue better, the tech team may ask you more specifics about the issue or even require a remote session on your device. During a remote session, the system log and info are necessary to be read, but no personal data or your privacy will be involved.
How to process a remote session
Teamviewer is an efficient way for the TerraMaster tech team to remotely check your TNAS and resolve some issues. Besides that, TerraMaster already implemented another new way to do a remote session for customers conveniently and safely.
From TOS 4.1.27, for both ARM and x.86 series models, there is a service called "Technical support" has been added to the TOS desktop. by enabling this service, The TerraMaster tech team will be able to check your system remotely. To enable this service, here is what you need to do:
- 1. Go to TOS > Control panel > Network service > Telnet&SNMP > Telnet/SSH;
- 2. Check "Allow SSH access", and click "Apply";
- 3. Go to TOS desktop > Technical support > Remote Assistance;
- 4. Check the "Enable Remote Assistance";
- 5. Set a valid time for the service; The service will be auto-disable after the set valid time;
- 6. Click "Apply";
- 7. Copy the "Identification Key";
- 8. For safety reasons, create a temporary password for your "admin" user; And modify your temporary password after the remote session;
- 9. Send the "Identification Key" and password of "admin" user to TerraMaster tech team;
- A remote session from the tech team will only check the system configuration, your personal data will not be involved, and no risk of leakage;
- Remember to disable the service after the remote session;
The system log is great to help for troubleshooting your issue, a new feature has been added into the TOS update from 4.2.06. With this feature, you will be able to describe your issue in detail, generate a system log report, download the system log report, and email them together in one package to the tech team.
To download your system log report
- 1. Login your TOS;
- 2. Click on the "Technical Support" on TOS desktop;
- 3. Select "Report issue";
- 4. Describe your issues, write down your name and contact;
- 5. Click on “ Generate report";
- 6. As soon as the report generating is finished, download it and email it to our tech team.
The system log report only collects some key system information, such as network information, hard drives, system configuration, applications, and some other logs, your personal data will not be involved, and no risk of leakage;