How to reinstall TOS for your TNAS?

New system installation, system re-install
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: How to re-install your TOS?

Post by TMS »

{L_BUTTON_AT}DonalOS
Did you refer to the method two, have you set up RAID?
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
GranityFly

Post by GranityFly »

Where do I put the update files so the device see's them?
GranityFly

Post by GranityFly »

Disregard, I figured it out
victorjhg

Post by victorjhg »

hopps402 wrote:
> TMS wrote:
> >
>
> In my case the file system wasn't damaged, only the TOS was corrupted. When I went
> through method 2, I was not asked to format the drives even though it gave me a
> warning. Before deleting this portion of the thread, perhaps consider adding a
> section under method 2 that states:
>
> "Every effort should be made to back up the data before proceeding with TOS
> re-install. If this is not possible, you may proceed with the installation, but you
> may be asked to format the drives. If you proceed with format of the drives during
> the process, you will lose all data on the hard drives. If you do not wish to format
> and lose your data, please STOP and contact Support if you see the word
> "format" during the process."

Hi, I get error "502 - Bad Gateway" after installing TOS Patch1.06 on my F5-422 with TOS 4.2.09-P1.04 and when reinstalling by method 2 at the beginning it warns that the contents of the hard drives are will erase, this message appears when selecting easy or custom installation. Can I continue with the installation without fear or will I lose all my data?
I can backup all my unencrypted folders that I have access to, but I have an encrypted folder that I do not have access to to backup as I cannot access the web interface to mount it, will I be able to go back after reinstall the system? assuming I don't lose everything ...
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Reinstall the system will not delete your data, (unless there is a formatting word), if you are using an old or not recommended hard drive, it is recommended to back up the data first.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
ajg007

Post by ajg007 »

On method 2. When the instructions say to add the HDD back in, do you mean add them when the system is on?
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

When TNAS PC finds the device, click login, the browser page shows that the hard disk is not detected, inserting the hard disk at this time.
Then waiting for the device to recognize the hard disk, refresh the browser page, and reinstall the system.
rightLANE

Post by rightLANE »

Question regarding method 1. When backing up the system configuration, does it back up the currently installed TOS version? What I'm asking is if I back up using this method running TOS 4.2.09, then upgrade TOS to 4.2.13, will this allow me to downgrade back to 4.2.09 if I run into issues? There have been so many mixed reports regarding Plex that I am very reluctant to upgrade TOS ever again without a method to get me back to a known working version.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

rightLANE wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 18:50 Question regarding method 1. When backing up the system configuration, does it back up the currently installed TOS version? What I'm asking is if I back up using this method running TOS 4.2.09, then upgrade TOS to 4.2.13
The 4.2.09 backup configuration cannot be restored in 4.2.13.You can return to the 4.2.09 TOS system.
rightLANE

Post by rightLANE »

TMS wrote:
> [quote=rightLANE post_id=11370 time=1624618226 user_id=1998]
> Question regarding method 1. When backing up the system configuration, does
> it back up the currently installed TOS version? What I'm asking is if I
> back up using this method running TOS 4.2.09, then upgrade TOS to 4.2.13
> [/quote]
> The 4.2.09 backup configuration cannot be restored in 4.2.13.You can
> return to the 4.2.09 TOS system.

So if I have 4.2.13 installed, am I allowed to just install 4.2.09 over it?