Fails to initialize newly purchased F2-210/F4-210?

New system installation, system re-install
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Fails to initialize newly purchased F2-210/F4-210?

Post by TMSupport »

Troublshooting

If you just purchased your F2-210/F4-210, and during initialization the device is recognized by TNAS PC desktop application but it is not possible to access by clicking Login: The site cannot be reached.

It may be due to your network environment that the device failed to obtain the installation program from the Internet. Please try the followings to fix it if you have the same issue:

1. Ensure the NAS is connected to a router that is connected to internet, ensure the NAS and the computer in the same network segment.
2. Please install the putty client (for Windows users), and Terminal for Mac users. Fill your NAS IP address in Host Name, 9222 as the Port, and click “Open”.
4.png
3. Login as “admin”, input the password as admin, and hit Enter.
4.Switch to the root user, input the same password "admin".

Code: Select all

login as: admin
Keyboard-interactive authentication prompts from server:
| Password:
End of keyboard-interactive prompts from server
Welcome to Tnas!
[admin@TNAS-???? ~]$ cd /
[admin@TNAS-???? /]$ sudo -i
Password:
[root@TNAS-???? ~]
5. And then input /etc/tos/scripts/wget_from_online, and then hit Enter.
6. After that, click the IP address in TNAS PC and click Login, the site should be reachable.
3.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Cromation

Re: Fails to initialize newly purchased F2-210/F4-210?

Post by Cromation »

Hey I've tried SSH'ing into the device previously and used "admin" and "admin123" as the root passwords but both show Access denied. Is there another default root/admin password you utilize on these boxes?

> 3. Login as “root”, input the password as admin, and hit Enter.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
For the old kernel version, use "root" to log in directly, and the default password is "Admin123".
For the new kernel version, first log in with "admin", the default password is "admin", and then switch to "root", using the same password "admin".
Since it is not clear which version of your kernel is, please try them all.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
leaponover

Post by leaponover »

I tried this method and I keep getting : line 30 wget not found
I get this message over and over.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}leaponover
At which step will this message appear? would you show a screenshot?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
leaponover

Post by leaponover »

It happens right after I get to the root option. Then I input the text and it happens.

I don't see an option to upload a screenshot here.
leaponover

Post by leaponover »

I've got it working now. I turned it off, took out the drives and restarted the device. Then inserted the drives while it was on. Now everything is okay. The tutorial has you insert the drives first. Anyway, it's sorted now, thanks!
spikerguy

Post by spikerguy »

TMroy wrote:
>
Hey,
I just bought a new one and ended up with dead php :D

and wget pkg is missing so it is throwing the wget error for the above user which is the same for me

```
root@TNAS-BBCA:~# /etc/tos/scripts/wget_from_online
/etc/tos/scripts/wget_from_online: line 30: wget: not found
^Z/etc/tos/scripts/wget_from_online: line 30: wget: not found
```

```
#!/bin/sh

unpkg(){
local pkg=$1
if [ -f $pkg ]; then
tar -xf $pkg -C /
/usr/sbin/syscontrol > /dev/null &
/etc/init.d/dbus start
/etc/init.d/avahi-daemon start
killall -9 nginx > /dev/null
/etc/init.d/nginx start
killall -9 php-fpm > /dev/null
/etc/init.d/php7-fpm start
tosconf
fi
}
sleep 2
local core=`uname -r`
try=0
while [ $try -lt 120 ]; do
if [ -f /tmp/wget ]; then
failed=`awk '/failed/' /tmp/wget`
error=`awk '/ERROR/' /tmp/wget`
[ -z "$failed" -a -z "$error" ] && break
rm -f /tmp/wget
fi
wget -c http://app.tnas.online/patch.php?k=${core} -O /mnt/php7-all.tar -T 30 -t 3 -a /tmp/wget
let try=try+1
sleep 1
done

unpkg /mnt/php7-all.tar
```
The below command fails.
wget -c http://app.tnas.online/patch.php?k=${core} -O /mnt/php7-all.tar -T 30 -t 3 -a /tmp/wget

Which package manager is used so I can install wget.
spikerguy

Post by spikerguy »

Sorry to post again.
I am not able to edit the post.

I though it would pick the markdown on bbcode.

I fixed it following the above recommended method.
Power on without a drive and insert the drive.

Uncompatible drive seems to create this issue I'd assume.

I was atleast expecting kernel 4.19 but sadly its 4.4 bsp
TG12

Post by TG12 »

Following a positive critique on a technology website, I was led to purchase the F2-210 for use as a compact home NAS. However, my initial experiences with the device left me feeling as though the product was fundamentally flawed upon arrival.

My setup involved two WD RED Pro 1TB drives, which I arranged in a RAID1 configuration. Unfortunately, the NAS would consistently lose its network connection and fail to respond to any kind of input or interaction. I initially theorized that the RAID 1 initialization process was the culprit behind these issues. But, despite leaving the system undisturbed for a prolonged period of over 12 hours, I saw no improvements or changes.

Out of necessity, I chose to reboot the entire system, during which I discovered that significant alterations to the sysctl settings were necessary to remedy the situation. After applying these changes, the NAS's performance significantly improved and has maintained its stability ever since.

To assist others who may be experiencing similar issues, I've developed two key resources: a file containing all the necessary tweaks, and a script to apply these adjustments. Following a system reboot, you can remotely access your NAS via SSH. From there, you can manually modify these files using 'vi' or copy them directly into the /etc directory and execute the script. Remember to change the script's permissions with 'chmod u+x' and run it as the root user.

With these modifications in place, the system's performance has been exemplary. Network dropouts have been completely eliminated, and I've managed to transfer a total of over 500GB of data and stream numerous media files without encountering any problems.

I invite all users to examine and verify these sysctl adjustments. However, do note that in my solution, I've focused on enhancing system performance rather than prioritizing energy efficiency.

https://github.com/tg12/script-toolbox/ ... _sysctl.sh

https://github.com/tg12/script-toolbox/ ... aks.sysctl