TOS system configuration
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

TOS webpage always shows "Loading..."?

Post by TMzethar »

Troubleshooting

Applicable models:All TNAS models

Cause Analysis
From TOS 4.2.12, the system will automatically check the file system before entering the TOS. The following are several situations that will cause the TOS page to remain in the Loading state:
1. If the total storage pool is large, the system will take some time to load, please just wait for a moment patiently.
2. When there are errors found on the file system, the system will try to correct it, which may take several hours or even days.

Solution
If this happens to your TNAS, please do not turn off TNAS, and wait patiently until you enter the TOS login page.

If your TNAS stuck in the loading state for more than 2 days, basically your file system is corrupted, there are some uncorrectable errors on your file system. Please don't try any rescue by yourself, and contact technical support for help.Ask for technical support from TerraMaster tech team?

What should I do if my file system is corrupted? Why such a thing happens?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Cis
France

Re: TOS webpage always shows "Loading..."?

Post by Cis »

Hi,

I am in the situation #1 following a recent TOS automated update. I was surprised the first time and after coming here I understood that it needed to wait.
FYI for my 3TB in Raid I had to wait around 2 days indeed and at this point I had everything working fine.

But needed to do a NAS restart after a failing Plex update..This is where I met again the issue of #1, had to wait again for 2 days for the file system checks...

My understanding was that it was a one time check after a TOS update, I can't afford to wait 2 days everytime the NAS reboot.

Can you help checking if anything is wrong here ? Else confirm if this is an expected behavior, which I would be really disappointed from.
TMAY

Post by TMAY »

Your file system may be broken, please follow the instructions below to repair the file system:
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=2575
Cis
France

Post by Cis »

Hi,

I went through the procedure, did repair ext4 fs, then triggered a reboot of the NAS, and here I am again, pending for the same message "checking file system ..."
This is getting really boring - I am stick for the next 48h withou any access to my data on any interfaces until this process finishes...
Neither TOS home page : It goes to either loging page, where entering credential loops back on the login page (but still gives the information whether credentials are correct or not..)
Neither on SSH.

Is there any means to bypass this ? I know at the end of the check (48h) I will finally get access but things will be working sporadically.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

If the problem occurs again after the repair is completed, it is very likely that there is irreversible damage on the hard disk or raid. If it feels serious, it is recommended to replace the hard drive.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Cis
France

Post by Cis »

I dont think there is anything wrong with my fs or disk honestly.

Could you elaborate on what could lead to such a long time a restart time?

Also I am with TOS for quite a long time so all was initiated on the old TOS 3.x or maybe even before that I can't recall.

Maybe something is wrong due to that, or to some updates I did through the UI skipping potentially intermediate versions..
jkm48125

Post by jkm48125 »

Having similar issue. Testing a F5-221 with a single 2TB HDD with only 80GB used. Every reboot/shutdown comes backup with checking filesystem and I have to wait at least 3 hours for it to become usable.

No chance I am going to use these if this is not addressed. Can not imagine having 60TB+ on the system and having to wait DAYS for a reboot????
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

If there is not error found in your file system, the process will only take a few minutes, if it takes hours for every reboot, that means there are critical errors in your file system that need to be repaired, you better back up your data immediately before too late, then replace a new drive, i believe something wrong on your drive.
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)