Instructions for RAID Repairing

Hard Drive, volume, storage pool, RAID
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Instructions for RAID Repairing

Post by TMSupport »

Applicable model: all TNAS models.

Applicable RAID mode: RAID1, RAID5, RAID6 and RAID10.

HDD failure in your RAID will lead to your RAID downgrade, for your data safety, you need to replace the failed drive with a new one and repair your RAID as soon as possible. To do so, please refer to the instructions below:

1. Please login to TOS webpage, go to TOS Control panel - Storage pool to locate which HDD is missing from the RAID.

2. Pull out the failed HDD at power-on state and insert the new HDD, the capacity of the new HDD should be no less than the capacity of the failed one.

3. Go to TOS Control panel - Storage manager- Storage pool- click Edit, and select "Repair the RAID" from the list and follow the wizard to complete.

To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Cis
France

Re: Instructions for RAID Repairing

Post by Cis »

Hi,

I recently had a DD down on my F4-220. My storage was RAID1 with 2 Disk of 3 TB each, one of them died (HDD1)

I have followed the above procedure smoothly.,

However I have no indicator of the new disk is currently syncing or repairing. Looking on the forum or internet, it seems usually the process takes several hours and people can tell that it is ongoing (orange led?)

In my case it was a matter if seconds to see the new disk in the RAID1 storage, green status. It looks a little bit too fast and smooth :D

Could you tell if I have a mean to double check everything is fine and over for the disk replacement?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Cis

Is your TOS version older? If yes, please update to the latest version. In addition, please collect and download a log in "Technical Supprt - Issues Report", and send it to the technical support mailbox for preliminary analysis.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
doctr2k

Post by doctr2k »

where is this in TOS 5.0?
My system is reporting a raid error after someone pulled a drive by mistake

I dont see the repair raid in 5.0
I hope i haven't lost my data
TWlhq
TerraMaster Team

Post by TWlhq »

doctr2k wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 04:50 where is this in TOS 5.0?
My system is reporting a raid error after someone pulled a drive by mistake

I dont see the repair raid in 5.0
I hope i haven't lost my data
please to Control panel - Storage management - Storage pool
Click the Edit button in the upper right corner to repair the raid
jmcgeemd

Post by jmcgeemd »

I'm having the same issue. The edit button is greyed out and not clickable
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}jmcgeemd

Did you unplug the failed hard drive and plug in a new hard drive with a capacity equal to or greater than the failed one.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Lexbox

Post by Lexbox »

My RAID had been downgraded but all of the HDD are showing as good. Is this an error in the RAID health reporting?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XDtztG ... p=drivesdk
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Lexbox

It may be that the hard disk is not inserted tightly, which causes the array to degrade. Please insert the hard disk firmly and restart the device.
ndevass

Post by ndevass »

I have the same issue.
After updating to TOS 5.1.24 the RAID 5 on my F5-422 is degraded.
All disks show as good.
I tried to repair the RAID without success, the "configuring" message has been loading for 4 days.
The disks where inserted firmly and worked fine under TOS 4, as suggested I tried to shut the NAS down and replug the disks.
The RAID is still degraded. I launched an other repair, the "configuring" message is currently showing.