Failed to map a drive on my Windows computer?

Network connection, configuration, remote access
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Troubleshooting

Applicable model: all TNAS models

If you failed to map a drive in Windows explorer, your credential wouldn't be accepted even it is correct, or the mapped drive just disappear after your PC restart, please try followings:

1. Make sure the SMB file service has been enabled on your TOS Control panel; Make sure your have full permissions for the folder you want to map;
2. Set your TNAS a static IP address, and make sure your PC and your TNAS are in a same subnet;
3. Check "Remember my credentials" when you are mapping a drive;
4. Update your Windows, there are some known issues related to map drive have been fixed in Windows new updates;
5. Go to Windows Device manager, go to 'View' and tick 'Show hidden devices', delete ALL your network adapters, scan for hardware changes (your network adapters will reappear);
6. Go to Windows Control Panel -> Programs -> Turn Windows Features On/Off, check the "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support", and restart your PC;
7. Go to Windows Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center> Advanced sharing settings, remove the check box from "Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices", and restart your PC;
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
UniqueBoxLover

Re: Failed to map a drive on my Windows computer?

Post by UniqueBoxLover »

You cannot access this shared folder because your organization's security policies block unauthenticated guest access. These policies help protect your PC from insecure or malicious devices on the network.

Troubleshooting

Open the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc). In the console tree, select Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > Lanman Workstation. For the setting, right-click Enable insecure guest logons and select Edit. Select Enabled and select OK.

En Français

Ouvrez l'éditeur de stratégie de groupe local (gpedit.msc). Dans l'arborescence de la console, sélectionnez Configuration ordinateur> Modèles d'administration> Réseau> Station de travail Lanman. Pour le paramètre, cliquez avec le bouton droit sur Activer les connexions d'invité non sécurisées et sélectionnez Modifier. Sélectionnez Activé et sélectionnez OK.