How to set FTP remote access?

SMB, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, Rsync
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

How to set FTP remote access?

Post by TMSupport »

Applicable models: all TNAS models.

The following instruction is about port fowarding on some Router for your reference(If your Router is different, contact your router manufacturer or search online for relevant information):
1. Login to the Router’s website by entering the administrator’s credentials;
2. Locate the module of port forwarding, such as NAT.
FTP1.png
3. Clicking NAT to edit TCP protocol, NAS IP address, FTP port and passive port and save the setting.
For example: 192.168.1.2 is the IP address of your TNAS, 21 is the FTP port, 55536-56559 is the passive port.
FTP2.png
4. You will find the Router’s public IP address at the login page, then you can remotely access your TNAS via FTP service by entering: ftp://171.250.52.150 into Windows File Explorer.
It’s suggested to download and install FTP client such as FileZilla on your PC to access your TNAS.
FTP3.png
5. The WAN IP of ordinary home users is usually dynamically allocated and will change irregularly, which will lead to the failure of continuous connection. To avoid such trouble, you can map the WAN IP to a DDNS domain name and use the DDNS domain name instead of the IP address for access.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
unixtall

Re: How to set FTP remote access?

Post by unixtall »

I have activated FTP in settings and i opened ports like the photos. But i cant login with any client or browers. Acces denied. What i can do?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}unixtall
Have you enabled FTP service in the control panel?
ftp.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
unixtall

Post by unixtall »

yes i did. But nothing. Is there something to check via ssh? Thanks you.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
You can first try to close and re-enable the FTP service, and check whether the user you are using has been disabled.
ftp.png
unixtall

Post by unixtall »

i was trying with user admin, who no has option to active or disable ftp. And also i tried with another user and i activated ftp. But nothing. I cant connect via ftp.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

This is just a guess. Do you use Internet IP to connect to TNAS in the LAN?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
unixtall

Post by unixtall »

I am trying connect with local ip, ftp://10.10.10.X
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}unixtall
Hello, Is your goal to use the FTP protocol to access TNAS in the local network? Can you try FTP access on other devices?
ftp.png
You can check whether the router FTP forwarding port and passive port have been set.
unixtall

Post by unixtall »

My intention is connect to my folders via ftp or smb. i can access smb via lan. But when i am outside i would like to access too. So i think the only way is by ftp. But if i cant connect via lan ftp, outside my home i cant connect neither.