VirtualBox USB port

Install virtual machines on your TNAS;
sports_wook

VirtualBox USB port

Post by sports_wook »

I'm trying to use my virtual machine to access a USB device that is plugged into my TNAS device. I've setup the USB settings for the machine (enabled, controller, filter), but the device does not register in the machine OS.

TOS 4.1.21 on F2-220, running latest Debian Buster in VM through Virtual Box. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
sports_wook

Re: VirtualBox USB port

Post by sports_wook »

I'm also unable to install any Guest Additions. When I attempt this selction from the menu, I receive one of the following errors (sometimes one, sometimes both):

"undefined - The image file '/usr/local/share/virtualbox/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso' is inaccessible and is being ignored. Please select a different image file for the virtual DVD drive."

"Failed to update Guest Additions. The Guest Additions installation image will be mounted to provide a manual installation."
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Thank you for your report! We will add it into our beta issus list.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

Thanks but any suggestions on how to fix it or will that require a software update/patch?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

We are still collecting issues reported from our users, I can't tell you know.
And by the way, your model F2-220 hardware is not powerful enough to support virtual machine. To support virtual machine, your hardware need to at least x.86 quad core and 4GB ram.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

I upgraded to RAM to 4gb so I meet the requirement. Not sure about the processor, but I doubt I have that. Regardless, it's working flawlessly for my F2-220.

Was VirtualBox pulled from the Applications store? Or was it pulled for only F2-220? I don't see it in the Applications anymore, but it's still installed/working properly and shows on my desktop.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

To ensure better user experience, the coming new release will limit the app just available for some dadicated models.
sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

But it won't be revoked from my system, correct? I installed it while it was in the Application store and still have it installed. Guess I can just never remove it VirtualBox from my system if I want to continue using it, and it will never be updated for my system?
chourmovs

Post by chourmovs »

TMroy wrote: 06 May 2020, 22:40 To ensure better user experience, the coming new release will limit the app just available for some dadicated models.
:shock:

Please, please

F2 220 is only 2gig ram and i run several headless distro with very good result (alpine and volumio)

Don't remove it from the eligible device, volumio is the only dlna sever that work 100% for me

Thank you for your consideration

Vincent
TNas F2-220
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Still do not know which models will be supported in the final release yet. But we will forward your demand to the team. Don't worry.