Virtual Media Manager Missing resize option

Install virtual machines on your TNAS;
itisme

Virtual Media Manager Missing resize option

Post by itisme »

I am currently just playing with virtualbox and have notice that the ability to resize dynamic virtual disks is missing from the virtual media manager.
It is not a big deal to me at the moment but, others may need this at some point in the future. Does anyone know if there are any plans to support this feacture of virtualbox in the future?

Attachments
virtualmediamanager.jpg
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Virtual Media Manager Missing resize option

Post by TMzethar »

Hi, I understand your concern. Due to the compatibility limitations of the Vbox software itself, there is little chance of optimizing it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
arqweryon

Re: Virtual Media Manager Missing resize option

Post by arqweryon »

Thank you for bringing this up. This problem is particularly bad because not only it is not possible to resize the disk, but the space is not automatically allocated as you use it. Which means that even if you have a 100gb dynamic vdi, if it only allocated 6gb when created, that is going to be the limit of the disk (which defeats the whole purpose of using a dynamic disk).

There is no warning about this flaw during the disk creation process. In the least, if you don't want to implement the $VBoxmanage modifyhd command, then Dynamic disks should be removed from Terramaster implementation of VirtualBox so as to avoid future users the headache of having to find it out on their own.