Can't access TOS web interfacet after installing Virtualbox

Install virtual machines on your TNAS;
seba22

Can't access TOS web interfacet after installing Virtualbox

Post by seba22 »

Hello,

Today I wanted install Virtualbox on my terramaster F5-420, I don't know what version of ToS had but before installing Virtualbox I checked system settings and try system update but it tell me "you got latest version".

While doing Virtualbox install it just stop responding, after couple hours i turn it off and on again it power on but web interface is not loading.
In browser it keep spinning.

I logged via SSH - and i have access to shell.

Any idea how we can debug it?

I'm afraid of reinstalling TOS since all my data are stored in iSCSI server (on this terramaster) so i have no idea will configuration of that iscsi target will be lost after reinstalling TOS...

Any idea would be appreciated.

From shell i have access to log files but i don't know what to look for in term of GUI not loading...
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Re: Can't access TOS web interfacet after installing Virtualbox

Post by TMnorah »

Hello!
You can log into ssh as root and try to stop the virtual box with this command:
/etc/init.d/vbox stop
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bseltoft

Post by bseltoft »

I am also in this situation. I also followed your early email guidance and disabled SSH and other options due to ransomware fears.

Am I locked out?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}bseltoft
If your NAS had vbox installed before upgrading to 4.2.28, you need to reinstall the system. Please install the latest version of vbox manually later.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
seba22

Post by seba22 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}bseltoft
TMSupport wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 10:01 If your NAS had vbox installed before upgrading to 4.2.28, you need to reinstall the system. Please install the latest version of vbox manually later.
It would be much nicer if You tell me how to throw virtualbox using command line via ssh. My NAS is still working, i can use my iSCSI drives - but can’t access web interface - that is interesting issuue.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}seba22
If you can login to the SSH terminal as root user, you can try to execute the command to stop the virtual box.

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/vbox stop