Duple Backup Very Slow

Duple Backup is an efficient tool for backing up your data stored in TNAS.
RSB123

Duple Backup Very Slow

Post by RSB123 »

Hi there -

So I have just purchased an F2-421 brand new from Amazon. I also have bought 2x Toshiba N300 NAS 8TB drives (listed as supported by Terramaster).

I don't want to use mirroring Raid 1. Instead I prefer to use 1 drive as the main Plex server drive, and use the 2nd drive as a file storage, and also an incremental backup for drive 1.

Both drives are brand new and working fine. Both formatted using btfs.

I tried using Duple Backup App, but it is so much slower than when copying files from drive 1 to drive 2. For example, to copy 10gb of files from drive 1 to drive 2 on Duple Backup takes over 1 hour. But if you use file manager, and copy the same files from drive 1 to 2, it takes less than 10 minutes.

Why is Duple Backup App so very slow? Is there a way to make it go faster? Because to backup 7tb would by my calculations take 29 days? :shock:
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Duple Backup Very Slow

Post by TMroy »

Thank you for your report.
This speed does not look like normal. As this new app is in beta testing, we are collecting feedback from our customers, we will verify your report here. thank you!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)