Backup Tasks Missing After Duple Backup Update to 2.0.3-1

Duple Backup is an efficient tool for backing up your data stored in TNAS.
JayBlingham

Re: Backup Tasks Missing After Duple Backup Update to 2.0.3-1

Post by JayBlingham »

So just to be clear, I have to upgrade the OS or I can’t use DupleBackup?
Jay
---------------------------------------
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Yes,it is.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
JayBlingham

Post by JayBlingham »

Ok, thanks. I just updated. So far so good. I will post my experience about the upgrade (which was quite positive with only a few minor things to note), and I will then have a look again at Duple Backup today.

Did anyone have a chance to test whether, with the new version, I can re-use the same backup folder? I don't want to try and accidentally overwrite my files (I did that by accident yesterday when I was setting up my USB Copy).

Thanks
Jay
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
JayBlingham

Post by JayBlingham »

I just got around to trying this again, and Duple Backup will not set up a backup job using an existing destination folder. I was hoping that I could re-created my deleted jobs by pointing them to the same folders and setting up as Incremental, but Duple Backup just sits there after clicking "Next" on the destination screen (see my screenshot above, same issue).

This poses a bit of a difficulty for me, because the only option I see currently, is to delete my existing backup in order to take another backup. I'd prefer not to do this. You mentioned you were going to try this on your side, were you able to re-produce this issue in your labs?

Thanks!
Jay
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Thanks for the update, we will test here about this issue again and get back to you later.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

JayBlingham wrote: 13 Nov 2020, 09:21 I just got around to trying this again, and Duple Backup will not set up a backup job using an existing destination folder. I was hoping that I could re-created my deleted jobs by pointing them to the same folders and setting up as Incremental, but Duple Backup just sits there after clicking "Next" on the destination screen (see my screenshot above, same issue).

This poses a bit of a difficulty for me, because the only option I see currently, is to delete my existing backup in order to take another backup. I'd prefer not to do this. You mentioned you were going to try this on your side, were you able to re-produce this issue in your labs?

Thanks!
As the Duple Backup is still in beta state, and we just made a big update from last beta, this version configured the backup task quite differently from last one, therefore, I am sorry to tell you that you are not able to keep the last backup task, you have to create a new one. From this update, you will be able to keep your backup in future update.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
JayBlingham

Post by JayBlingham »

That's great news that it will preserve the backups in future, thanks - but just to confirm, what you are saying is that there is no way to re-use the existing destination directory to avoid having to delete my current backups?

If that's the case, this may mean that I will have to put money out for an additional backup drive so that I don't have to delete my existing backups (which would create unwanted risk). It's just unfortunate. I'm starting to think I really do need another NAS as a backup destination using rsync, rather than backing up to USB. Still, I was not looking to spend more money on this solution after purchasing my F5-221 + Hard Drives.

Appreciate if you could confirm, and then I will be able to figure out how I want to proceed.

Thanks
Jay
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Hi jay, destination folder has not be limited in the new update, that mean you should be able to use the same folder as your backup destination. please confirm if you are using the 'Local shared folder' as server, and make sure you have full permisions and enough space on the destination folder. But if you want to backup to a USB device, you better use another app called " USB Copy".
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
JayBlingham

Post by JayBlingham »

Ok, I'll try again but this wasn't my experience.

I have been using USB Copy in the meantime, but I can't schedule USB Copy tasks to perform automatically (at least not that I've seen anyway). This is why I liked using Duple, because I could set it and I knew that every night my backups were running without manual intervention.
Jay
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221