Backup Tasks Missing After Duple Backup Update to 2.0.3-1

Duple Backup is an efficient tool for backing up your data stored in TNAS.
JayBlingham

Backup Tasks Missing After Duple Backup Update to 2.0.3-1

Post by JayBlingham »

I upgraded Duple-Backup to 2.0.3-1 this morning, and it did not preserve the 11 backup tasks/jobs that I had defined. While this is a minor issue for me, as I can just re-create them, I wanted to provide this feedback since this seems to happen with a lot of application updates (where the config gets overwritten or lost in some way).

If there is some way of getting these back, please let me know - else I'm going to just re-create the backup jobs (they were all backing up to an attached USB drive).
Jay
---------------------------------------
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
JayBlingham

Re: Backup Tasks Missing After Duple Backup Update to 2.0.3-1

Post by JayBlingham »

Further information:
I attempted to re-create a backup job, re-using an existing destination folder on usbshare1; and the application "spins" without progress. I let this go for 20 minutes thinking maybe it was reading the destination folder (which is just over 800GB) but the application is actually frozen when it's in this state. I can't click Cancel, or click "X" to close the window. Only way I could get it to close was to log out/in to TOS.

If I attempt to create a new backup job, with a brand-new folder name in the destination (usbshare1), it moves forward with no issue. I do not want to do this as it will duplicate data, I would like to create the job so that it continues to back up incrementally.

Screenshot 2020-11-10 081438.png
Jay
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Hi Jay, as the new update changed a lot, the previous config settings and task no more available for the new update. so I am sorry to say sorry for such issue. Regarding the USBshare1 backup, we need to have a test and try to replicate issue here, we will keep you updated.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
JayBlingham

Post by JayBlingham »

Understood, thanks for the quick update. As I said, its frustrating but not complicated to re-create. Hopefully I can re-use the same folders though, because if not that will prove to be a bit more difficult given that I don't have additional storage to take a backup (of the original backup) before removing the folder and starting again.

Maybe one day I need a 2nd NAS to perform my backups ;)

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks!
Jay
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Sure!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
JayBlingham

Post by JayBlingham »

I've just noticed that Duple Backup is showing another update, but the version number is 1.1.8-2. Just wondering if the update was reverted, and whether I should uninstall/re-install? Will wait for your reply.

Screenshot 2020-11-10 102556.png

Thanks!
Jay
Jay
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

The update package uploaded yesterday was removed, and a new version will be uploaded today.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
JayBlingham

Post by JayBlingham »

Good news, thanks!
Jay
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
JayBlingham

Post by JayBlingham »

Hi @TMSupport - any updates please? I've had to go back to using USB Copy - which works, but I was really enjoying having scheduled backup jobs to my USB device. They were working so well.

Thanks!
Jay
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hello Jay, because of the compatibility, Duple Backup could only be seen and used in TOS4.2.06. TOS4.1 could not install and use it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)