CPU at 100%

CPU, memory, fan, process, services status, system log, tempreture
pedromorenorios

CPU at 100%

Post by pedromorenorios »

I just bought a F2-421 and I have two 2Tb SSD drives in RAID0. All 4 cores are blazing at 100%, non-stop, raw performance. There are several processes hogging it under scsi_disk_auto. It may have to do with a USB device I inseted. I am not a technical person. I rebooted the NAS and the problem persisted. I don't know what else to do. Please help. :?
Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 00.54.53.png
F2-421
Tricky
Great Britain

Re: CPU at 100%

Post by Tricky »

I suspect this is just another example of the activity reporting calibration being set up wrong in the software it common on a lot of the models depending on the software version ...hopefully one day they will get it right.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

pedromorenorios wrote: 17 Oct 2020, 07:29 I just bought a F2-421 and I have two 2Tb SSD drives in RAID0. All 4 cores are blazing at 100%, non-stop, raw performance. There are several processes hogging it under scsi_disk_auto. It may have to do with a USB device I inseted. I am not a technical person. I rebooted the NAS and the problem persisted. I don't know what else to do. Please help. :?
Are you running any backup task or other file service? As I see that your storage is 67% full. Or you can write an email to our tech team and ask them to check for you.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
pedromorenorios

Not that I am aware of. I am currently at 75% of disk storage capacity, but data is just sitting there doing nothing, I think. I have Plex enabled, but the library has been fully scanned. This problem stopped, but new problems arose. The Applications app is unable to function, an encrypted Shared folder has dissapeared from File Manager when I dissabled admin default user, RAM is constantly running at 50%, CPU spikes now and then on all 4 cores 100%, quite erratic behavior, etc... This is starting to take a toll on my work hours on this device. I have written an email to tech support requesting a remote session. Please help or I will have no choice to return the device. The hardware is solid, but the OS is subpar. Thank you.
F2-421
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

As a new user of TNAS device, you just aren’t familiar with the OS, you played around and lost yourself. you reported your CPU usage high, the reason could be your plex was scanning and building the library. and you said memory usage high, then you need to check which service taking your memory. You disabled the system default user then you lost permission to the shared folder, you just complained and but actually you don’t really know what are you doing.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
pedromorenorios

So it's my fault? That helps!

No, seriously. This OS is jumpy. I read the rest of the comments from advanced users, they all agree.

So, let's get back to helping me with my issues, ok? When I reported 100% CPU usage 100% of the time, the Plex library was already scanned. And memory usage is now high even though there is no apparent activity. I disabled admin user and created a substitue personal profile with r/w permissions. I am trying to minimize security problems for the future, as admin by default profile seems a compromise to me.

I just wish this would work as it says it works, that's all...

Now that I have restored permissions to admin profile, the shared folder is still inaccessible. It does'nt even show up on screen, even though it's there. Instead of pointing fingers at the user because they don't understand, I would suggest concentrating your efforts on fixing a messy UX/UI. In the meantime, I will be standing by for a remote session with support.

Thanks!
F2-421
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

To be fair, I would like you really find out what’s happening to your device before you complain with angry, or you complain it just because some advanced users said it is crap or something worse, so you think it is with no doubt. This is not going on the right way. You are not in the same scenario with others, buddy!

Well, we are keen to help and always, this is what the forum stand for. Let’s come back to your issue.
If You still have questions about the CPU or memory usage, check the system resources on control panel, that could tell you true story.
For your disappeared encrypted shared folder, please make sure you login your TOS with right user account which own full permissions to the disappeared shared folder, and remount it from control panel > privilege > shared folder menu.
Any further questions, you are welcome to post here.