F2-210 RAM usage issue (maybe after upgrade?)

CPU, memory, fan, process, services status, system log, tempreture
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: F2-210 RAM usage issue (maybe after upgrade?)

Post by TMSupport »

It's this service. You can send an email to support(at)terra-master.com to let our engineer remotely check in if agreed.
20201014115008.jpg
20201014115008.jpg (3.99 KiB) Viewed 3187 times
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

ok, in which case please fix the bug so that we can automatically disconnect the power to a USB drive without it generating a message

i am certainly not going to get up at 3am every morning to click a button on the desktop to safely eject the usb

upon reboot of the nas drive it now uses 0.3% but no doubt this will go back up again over a period of 2 weeks (yet another memory leak?)
F2-210

sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

3 days up and message centre is now using 7.3% of the ram

please can this be investigated to automatically release the ram it is using?, the only notifications i get is one a day because i have a smart switch turning off my USB drive to protect its backup from online damage, i get a USB external storage device was abnormally detected and please dont just ask me to stop doing this, i dont have any issues with this on any other manufacturers Nas drive apart from yours

unticking the notification type doesnt actually help, while it doesnt show it on screen, it is still logging it in the background therefore stilll using the ram, it would be nice to decide what event types we do and dont want to capture or a way to release the ram without having to reboot the whole nas drive
F2-210

TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please send an email to support(at)terra-master.com, and our engineer will remotely check for you.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

sianderson wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 18:19 3 days up and message centre is now using 7.3% of the ram
May I know how is the msgcenter ram usage right now?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

Hi, good timing actually due to reboots etc its now on 3 days being up and msgcenter is now 2.4% so a lot better than under a previous version, im guessing the new TOS version had a tweak in it?

other than the unit being wiped and re-initialised the only difference is im not running one drive backup but other than that its an identical set up (with the daily usb backup drive killing power)

i will monitor to see if it is still increasing daily
F2-210

TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Thank you for your report, any further issue please let us know.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @: