Restart Service

CPU, memory, fan, process, services status, system log, tempreture
sianderson
Great Britain

Restart Service

Post by sianderson »

Restart Service continually using 30 - 40% CPU? whats this all about (nas wasnt doing anything)

i have since rebooted the nas drive and all now seems to be stable
CaptureRestartService.PNG
F2-210

TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Restart Service

Post by TMSupport »

It's a system service, it will be normal after reboot.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

ok but why did it suddenly decide to start using 30 - 40% of the processor

you make it sound like it is perfectly normal, in which case why is not using the cpu now? and why did it suddenly decide to do it after 8 days of being turned on (with no changes to the system)

a process that decides to occupy 30 - 40% of the CPU without any changes being made is NOT normal and why should i have to restart my NAS drive every week? to prevent it from happening?
F2-210

TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

If you look at the list, you will find there are two restart_service processes running. This may be the reason to cause your high CPU usage, we do not know what could be the reason, but we will check the possibility from the code shortly.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)