F5-421 not controlling drive temperature

CPU, memory, fan, process, services status, system log, tempreture
fazz

F5-421 not controlling drive temperature

Post by fazz »

I just bought a F5-421, and have installed three 14tb hard drives as raid 5. Everything seamed to be ok until I noticed the hard drive temps are at 55 degrees, according to "Hardware Information". I then went to "hardware and power" and found it was set to "smart fan", and the fans were running at about 1000 rpm. I changed to "full speed", and immediately heard the fan speed up. The hard drive temps then started to drop as expected.
But after about two minutes the fan speed dropped back to about 1000 rpm. Went back to "hardware and power" and saw the speed still set on full. Upon entering the hardware page, the speed went up again, and again dropped to 1000 rpm after about two minutes.
Whatever speed I set it to, I get the same result and drive speeds stay at about 55 degrees.
Is the unit faulty, or am I missing something.
Thanks in anticipation.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: F5-421 not controlling drive temperature

Post by TMSupport »

Thanks for the report, we will test it first and get back to you later.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
fazz

Re: F5-421 not controlling drive temperature

Post by fazz »

Problem sorted after rebooting the Nas. The fan speeds are now operating as they should.