TNASDBD Process using 100% cpu

CPU, memory, fan, process, services status, system log, tempreture
titanrx8

TNASDBD Process using 100% cpu

Post by titanrx8 »

What is the TNASDBD Process doing for hours on end?

This seems to pop up after checking snapshots. My snapshots disappear and I have to toggle the snapshots off and on just to get the snapshots visible in the folders again.

CPU will drop back to a typical 3-5% only after shutting down and then powering back on.

F2-221
sukanm

Re: TNASDBD Process using 100% cpu

Post by sukanm »

I have the same the tnasdbd process is constantly using 100% CPU. I am not using snapshots though
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

It would seem to be a proprietary process or one that tnas has renamed since there's no reference to it on any Linux sites or here. I've assumed it has something to do with btrfs maintenance because the disk lights are also in 100% flicker state as well.

I've never waited long enough for it to complete and return to normal. The longest I let it run without restarting was 3 days.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
Is it possible to let our engineer check it remotely?You can send an email to our tech team to confirm it.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
sukanm

Post by sukanm »

I have sent an email as suggested
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
Please wait for a reply. We will arrange remote service for you on Monday.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
sukanm

Post by sukanm »

Just a thumbs up to TerraMaster Tech Support - they jumped on a Team Viewer session and resolved my issue with the tnasdbd process running at 100% CPU :)
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

@sukanm what did the team viewer call do to resolve the 100% cpu for TNASDBD ? I never got as far as getting remote assistance for this issue because my system bricked before getting scheduled.

The f2-221 has been replaced but I haven't set it up yet and am interested to know what to do if the TNASDBD peaks again since it might have been a related factor in the system failure.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}titanrx8
TNASDBD is the process of file indexing, and it will end after a while.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
Scrums

Post by Scrums »

Has anyone found a resolution for this? This process makes my NAS effectively unusable. I use it to serve media and it is so jumpy when this process is using all the CPU. If it is indeed an index job how do I disable it? I don't need anything indexed as far as I am aware.

I am not going to call TM support because they will want remote access and I have for a long time disabled Internet access to and from my NAS.