Regular periods when the NAS is "busy"

CPU, memory, fan, process, services status, system log, tempreture
dbs-sticky

Regular periods when the NAS is "busy"

Post by dbs-sticky »

I've noticed that my F2-421 seems to be "busy" for about 5-15min on regular intervals (at least once a day). I get constant HD noise during this period (reminds me very much of running disk defrag). I'm using my NAS solely for Plex, and I've confirmed that Plex is running its scheduled maintenance between 2am- 5am. During this period of activity Plex doesn't work (unresponsive) and I can't login to the NAS (simply won't get passed the login screen). Does the F2-421 perform regular scheduled maintenance? And if so, is there a way to change when this occurs? As I can't login to the NAS when this is happening, it's not possible for me to identify the running process that might be the cause.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: Regular periods when the NAS is "busy"

Post by TMS »

Can you go to the Technical Support 》Report issues to generate a log report and send it to us for troubleshooting?
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
dbs-sticky

Post by dbs-sticky »

The only option I can see in Technical Support is Remote Assistance.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

This feature was released in 4.2.07, would you update your TOS to 4.2.07?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
dbs-sticky

Post by dbs-sticky »

ok, took me a while to realise that that version is not available via 'online update', or via your website, and that it was only available via the TOS section of the forum. Update complete, I will send the log file.
dbs-sticky

Post by dbs-sticky »

I updated, and then tried to generate the report, I get the "download" link, but clicking this seems to do nothing i.e. no report is downloaded.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Please clear the cache and try again.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @