CPU at 100%

CPU, memory, fan, process, services status, system log, tempreture
sianderson
Great Britain

Re: CPU at 100%

Post by sianderson »

two versions of Nasips running again, CPU usage showing constant 60% +

please will someone answer what this process is and why is it suddenly running twice?
a reboot will resolve this temporarily but what is causing it? its been on for 11 days without issues until i noticed accessing the network drive stuttering to navigate folders
CaptureTM.PNG
F2-210

TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
This process is the TNAS PC search device.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

So why would it suddenly run twice and lock up?

What exactly is it searching for? I don’t run TNAS PC I configure it via the web interface

Can I prevent it from running in the first place?
F2-210

TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Can the problem be reproduced ? we need to verify it.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

I am not doing anything to reproduce it so I will let you know in another 11 days whether this process has some how duplicated itself and locked up the cpu forcing me to reboot it to clear it

The only things I do is login to the web admin every so often to make sure it’s ok and perhaps check for app updates, the nas drive is set up and just works so there are no active changes being made to it

All other access is file transfer via mapped drives from windows PC’s, it’s not as if I’m trying to be clever with it and run lots of apps
F2-210

TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Thank you for sharing, it may be helpful for troubleshooting.
sivadmmada

Post by sivadmmada »

I have the same problem. F2-210 running 4.2.08. The process name is like a 16 char string that changes every time I reboot. I don’t want to reinstall as I’ll have to do a full backup to an external drive while the cpu is pegged at 100%. I can make my system available for support just let me know what I need to do
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
Is it possible to let our engineer check it remotely?You can send an email to our tech team to confirm it.
please refer to this link:viewtopic.php?f=75&t=608
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

sivadmmada wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 08:46 I have the same problem. F2-210 running 4.2.08. The process name is like a 16 char string that changes every time I reboot. I don’t want to reinstall as I’ll have to do a full backup to an external drive while the cpu is pegged at 100%. I can make my system available for support just let me know what I need to do
unless someone can give me a valid reason, this means the unit has been infected by malware
F2-210

peterp1908

Post by peterp1908 »

Device: TM F5-221.
TOS: v. 4.2.15.210722 something
HDDs: 4x4TB HDD & 1x500GB SSD for cache
RAM: 10GB

I realise that this is an old topic, but I'm getting the same issue. Have had a F5-221 for about three weeks now, and been through two software updates. Now on 4.2.15. Consistently have CPU at 100%.

TOP (when I can establish an SSH session) shows various deamons causing the issue. CLAMD (ClamAV) is a frequent culprit (98.1% just now). BTRFS processes also are often claiming significant mounts of CPU (98.7% just now). A couple of other apps also caused issues, but as I didn't really use them I have deleted them.

At the time of writing another one is GZIP. Don't even know what that's doing as I'm not zipping or unzipping anything. Suspect it's being used by the compression processes of Duple Backup.

UI frequently becomes unresponsive and in many cases can't even get a login page.

I can't keep deleting apps as a solution--I won't have any functionality left.