CPU at 100%

CPU, memory, fan, process, services status, system log, tempreture
Tricky
Great Britain

Re: CPU at 100%

Post by Tricky »

CPU reporting high usage seems to be a problem with some of the TOS updates its happened several times over various updates I have seen, it frequently yet cannot find any processes adding to that percentage of use, have a search you will find lots of post moaning about this problem.
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

wich Nas model do you have?
justsimon

Post by justsimon »

Tricky wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 18:50 CPU reporting high usage seems to be a problem with some of the TOS updates its happened several times over various updates I have seen, it frequently yet cannot find any processes adding to that percentage of use, have a search you will find lots of post moaning about this problem.
I've reinstalled the Google Drive and I'll see what I can find when it starts crashing things again.
Hardfecx wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 19:37 wich Nas model do you have?
I have an F5-420.
Is this problem model-dependent?
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Mine is the F5-221 and I don't think it model dependent more software dependent as I have loaded at least three TOS versions that exhibit this behaviour the main CPU/memory display does not report the true usage.
justsimon

Post by justsimon »

All services on the NAS have just frozen, I can't even load the TOS web interface.

When it happened the other day, i was on 4.2.08, yesterday I updated to 4.2.09, so unfortunately no change.

It's a shame, I'd like to have an easy local backup/sync solution of my Google Drive.
justsimon

Post by justsimon »

Aaaand moments after that last post, my APs disconnected.

Once everything came back I uninstalled the Google Drive app again and no problems.
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

while my CPU is not at 100% it does seem to be fairly constant at over 60% with two instances of NASIPS running, can TM comment on what this process actually belongs to?

a reboot seems to have settled it down to average around 4% total, and theres just one instance running that isnt consuming the cpu
F2-210

TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}justsimon
Hi, Is it possible to let our engineer check it remotely? You can send an email to our tech team:viewtopic.php?f=75&t=608
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
justsimon

Post by justsimon »

Hi Ryan,

It is possible.
Though have you done any testing in-house yet?
If one of you set it up on a test NAS, I'd have thought you'd see the same issue.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hi, Justsimon

We will try.

I believe the technicians will find out the reason after remote for you.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)