CPU at 100%

CPU, memory, fan, process, services status, system log, tempreture
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: CPU at 100%

Post by TMroy »

All three daemons you mentioned in your post are system daemons, I did not find any signs of abnormality.

GZIP is a process that supports zipping for folder downloading or prepare for Duple backup transaction package.
There are more than 20 btrfs daemons running in the system, if you tell me which one claiming high CPU usage, then we can easily to know what happens there.

Clamd(ClamAV) updates the database and do a scan when every device restart, this process will stop shortly after restarting.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
peterp1908

Post by peterp1908 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMroy

So, I can't access the NAS, web page just says loading, SSH is hung signing in, and shares disconnect from client machine. Fairly safe bet CPU is maxed out again. This isn't just after a reboot, this is me just trying to log in on Saturday afternoon to respond to your post.

Yes, I do realise that all the daemons I mentioned are standard--well except clamd which is an app--and that there are multiple different btrfs daemons. Reason I wasn't specific about btrfs is that different btrfs daemons are switching in and ramping up CPU usage for a while, then a different one will do the same.

So SSH just logged in after about 5-7 minutes waiting and TOP is showing btrfs-cleaner as currently maxing out the cpu.

And now, after about 15 minutes, CPU has dropped to 55%.

Now btrfs-cleaner again, back up to 100%. btrfs-cleaner is showing a CPU time of 766:17.89 and climbing. btrfs-transacti has CPU time of 381:46.30 and climbing. Machine has been up for 1 day, 21 hours and some minutes since last boot. So these two processes have claimed nearly 24 hours of CPU time in the 40 odd hours since the last reboot.

Now it's afpd maxing the CPU.

And so it goes on. There nearly aways seems to be a process maxing out CPU.
yerc1

Post by yerc1 »

Removing the Snapshot app, if installed, may address the issue you are having.

See viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2214&p=11931#p11931
F2-221
is my first NAS, bought in October 2020
peterp1908

Post by peterp1908 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}yerc1

Thank you yerc1. Looks like your suggestion has worked.So far having deleted Snapshot app, I haven't seen maxed out CPU since. Hope I haven't spoken too soon.