Keeps shutting off.

CPU, memory, fan, process, services status, system log, tempreture
Hopeab

Keeps shutting off.

Post by Hopeab »

Hi,

First time poster so please go easy on me.

I have the Terramaster F4-210. 1gb version.

In the last few weeks the unit just cuts out. It dies when under load. There is no warning or sounds it just cuts out! I have stripped the unit down to make sure there is no dust and I have checked the 3 hard drives that are in use. They all come back as good. The last two days it has been cutting out even more. I don’t know what could be making it happen.

I don’t know if this is related or not, but Emby (I use it for streaming my films and tv) no long works. It was fine a few days ago but it will not work. Again that has been freshly installed and I have even reinstalled the TOS.

Any help someone can give me would be wonderful. I am really out of options here.
“Together we stand, Divided we fall”
sianderson
Great Britain

Re: Keeps shutting off.

Post by sianderson »

do you know what version of TOS your unit is running? if its a fairly old version (4.1.27 ish) then there issues with ram not being released which would cause this kind of behaviour where the units RAM just got full up and it was unable to function
F2-210

TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Hopeab wrote: 11 Nov 2020, 17:41 Hi,

First time poster so please go easy on me.

I have the Terramaster F4-210. 1gb version.

In the last few weeks the unit just cuts out. It dies when under load. There is no warning or sounds it just cuts out! I have stripped the unit down to make sure there is no dust and I have checked the 3 hard drives that are in use. They all come back as good. The last two days it has been cutting out even more. I don’t know what could be making it happen.

I don’t know if this is related or not, but Emby (I use it for streaming my films and tv) no long works. It was fine a few days ago but it will not work. Again that has been freshly installed and I have even reinstalled the TOS.

Any help someone can give me would be wonderful. I am really out of options here.
please update your TOS to 4.1.32 or 4.2.06
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Hopeab

Post by Hopeab »

Hi and thank for getting back to me,

I am on TOS Version 4.1.30-2008051459

That is the current one in the software update with in the Terramaster.

So if it is the memory that is having the problem and just shutting its self off does that mean I will need to buy a new one?

So you know this unit is about 3 years old. Maybe 4.

Thank you again for all your help and time.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

According to your description, it seems that your TNAS model is not F4-210. It may be F4-220. Please find the device number at the bottom of the device.
If it's F4-220, it's possible that the hardware is malfunctioned after several years usage.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Hopeab

Post by Hopeab »

I will check it again.

So it seems like I am back in the market for a new NAS then. 😔 Shame as it has been a very good bit ok kit. It has just been the software that has let it down over resent times.

Thank you for all of your help.
Hopeab

Post by Hopeab »

Update.....

I think it is over heating. When it shuts off I need to leave it for 5-10 minutes before it will turn on again. Well hat makes it a paper weight then. 🤦‍♂️
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

So do you get the model number?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
alienhotrod1995

Post by alienhotrod1995 »

I am been having the same issue as well but I have the F5-422. It makes 4-5 beeps and shuts down. At one point it would shutdown as soon as I powered it back up. I do have it set to automatically shut down at 23:59 and start at 7:00. I re-installed to TOS system thinking something might have got corrupt but the issue just happened again today. I did get an update notice to 4.2.07 so I will monitor it to see if this solves the issue. Is there any system log that would show why it is shutting down?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

You can report the issue, download the report and send to us.
downloadreport.jpg