3 month old F4-210 shutting down repeatedly

CPU, memory, fan, process, services status, system log, tempreture
SquarePeg
Wales

3 month old F4-210 shutting down repeatedly

Post by SquarePeg »

Hi guys

I wanted to see if anyone else has had the same experience as me: Today, my NAS powered itself off without any warning. It would not power back on until the plug had been removed for approx 30 seconds. After powering back up, the device would remain on for approx 30 seconds - 1 minute, beep a number of times and then power itself off again. At first, I thought it could possibly be a faulty drive although they are only a few months old themselves and are in fact replacements for faulty Ironwolf drives - I exchanged them for WD Red drives, so I removed each of the drives and checked them - they are all fine and healthy. I have repeated this process with no drives inserted, with 1 drive inserted, 2 and all 3 drives inserted but the same thing happens each time. I have managed to log into the web interface once but the device powered itself off before I could check any logs.

My friend bought the NAS for me through his Amazon account so we have contacted them for a replacement - it has to be the NAS itself as it powers itself off with or without drives installed. I have to say, I am losing faith in Terramaster as I have had a number of issues ranging from BTRFS support being dropped to this latest one. I can't even power the NAS on long enough to check any logs or anything - maybe it's an overheating issue or something but of course I can't stay logged in long enough to check. This is really beginning to annoy me as I have only had the NAS for 3 months and the reason I bought the 4 bay version was to replace my 2 bay NAS for more storage.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: 3 month old F4-210 shutting down repeatedly

Post by TMroy »

It is very likely that your device has a hardware failure, please contact our tech team for warranty service by email.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
SquarePeg
Wales

Re: 3 month old F4-210 shutting down repeatedly

Post by SquarePeg »

Thanks, this has already been done. I am just waiting for a reply.