The 221 series has been upgraded to a new generation

Official announcements and latest news, awards from medias, and sucess stories.
crisisacting

Re: The 221 series has been upgraded to a new generation

Post by crisisacting »

{L_BUTTON_AT}bidmead

It didn't prompt with NVMe on some TOS 5 builds, so if newer TOS 5 & 5.1 have resolved that with an updated bootinit/kernel then great.
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Seth65475
I'd like to know more. But not at the cost of having to join Facebook.

--
Chris
Natasha78

Post by Natasha78 »

TMroy wrote: 10 Mar 2023, 01:04 F2-223/F4-223 is a brand-new model from the previous generation F2-221/F5-221.

223.png

When the F2-221/F5-221 used Intel Celeron J3355 duo-core processor with only 2GB DDR4, The brand-new F2-223/F4-223 uses Intel Celeron N4505 dual-core processor with 4GB DDR4, with main frequency of up to 2.0GHz and the maximum Turbo frequency of 2.9GHz.

It is integrated with a GPU graphics card and AES NI hardware encryption In addition, it is equipped with two 2.5G Ethernet ports that feature a read and write speed of up to 283MB/S(By using network aggregation, the transmission bandwidth can even be as high as 5Gbps), and a 4GB DDR4 dual-channel memory (expandable up to 32 GB). Moreover, with the default TOS 5 installed and with TerraMaster Hyper cache supported, this storage is internally installed with 2 x M.2 NVMe slots, which accelerates SSD caching and doubles the storage efficiency of disk arrays.

rkJ2FJskwfMmUauc.jpg

The F2-223/F4-223 comes with various functions including file storage, multimedia management, backup, cloud drive synchronization, remote access, 4K HD video transcoding, and it is also suitable for home file backup and multimedia entertainment.

To know more from other media
https://www.techpowerup.com/299291/terr ... with-traid
Thank you,
for sharing such good information, and for lots of love, and amazing things that you have contributed.Fm Whatsapp
SquarePeg
Wales

Post by SquarePeg »

Since I can't create a new topic, I thought I would reply to this one.
I have a F5-221 with TOS 4.2.40 with my discs in a RAID5 formatted as EXT4. I am considering moving to TOS5 with the discs formatted as BTRFS with the new TRAID feature.
I basically want to know what is the best way to do it. Should I do a fresh install to the latest version and wipe the discs (I have already backed everything up) or should I install an older version and update to the new one?
I have seen the previous issue above but that was in March so I am hoping the issue has been fixed although I have previously had huge problems.
SquarePeg
Wales

Post by SquarePeg »

Henry01 wrote: 10 May 2023, 07:06 The F2-223/F4-223 has a number of features, including file storage, multimedia management, backup, synchronisation with cloud drives, remote access, 4K HD video transcoding, and it is excellent for multimedia enjoyment and home file backup.
That doesn't answer my question. Were you replying to someone else?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

You are not able to convert a file system from ext4 to btrfs, you have to back up your data and delete the volume and create a new one.
If you are a TOS 4.x user, you have to reinstall the system, you can't directly update. Here is the guide for your reference.
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=1064
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
pcarvalho

Post by pcarvalho »

Hi,
can't really create a new topic so I'm posting here, please move to another place if wrong.

My F4-220 has died, tried all of the suggested methods, including the CMOS thing.

Question: Is there any other TNAS that I can just plug my disks and they are read correctly without initialization and loss of all of the data?

Thanks
Pedro
nilton654

Post by nilton654 »

pcarvalho wrote: 12 Jun 2023, 05:48 Hi,
can't really create a new topic so I'm posting here, please move to another place if wrong.

My F4-220 has died, tried all of the suggested methods, including the CMOS thing.

Question: Is there any other TNAS that I can just plug my disks and they are read correctly without initialization and loss of all of the data?

Thanks
Pedro
Apologies for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, I'm unable to move your post, but I can offer assistance. As for your question, the F4-220 replacement or compatible TNAS models should be able to read your disks without data loss during initialization.
mowy

Post by mowy »

I don't get it, they have an operating system in its infancy and they keep releasing new hardware models? do they take us for inept?

You are releasing new "laptops" with windows 95. Why?

We have placed our trust in you and you leave us with a version 4 that works halfway and a version 5 that is sad.
mmick

Post by mmick »

mowy wrote: 10 Jul 2023, 02:13 I don't get it, they have an operating system in its infancy and they keep releasing new hardware models? do they take us for inept?
I don't get what you mean: I have a F4-423 and TOS 5.x is very good and stable, no important issues at all, actually my problem is with the ancient virtualbox from terramaster...