The 221 series has been upgraded to a new generation

Official announcements and latest news, awards from medias, and sucess stories.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

The 221 series has been upgraded to a new generation

Post by TMroy »

F2-223/F4-223 is a brand-new model from the previous generation F2-221/F5-221.
223.png
When the F2-221/F5-221 used Intel Celeron J3355 duo-core processor with only 2GB DDR4, The brand-new F2-223/F4-223 uses Intel Celeron N4505 dual-core processor with 4GB DDR4, with main frequency of up to 2.0GHz and the maximum Turbo frequency of 2.9GHz.

It is integrated with a GPU graphics card and AES NI hardware encryption In addition, it is equipped with two 2.5G Ethernet ports that feature a read and write speed of up to 283MB/S(By using network aggregation, the transmission bandwidth can even be as high as 5Gbps), and a 4GB DDR4 dual-channel memory (expandable up to 32 GB). Moreover, with the default TOS 5 installed and with TerraMaster Hyper cache supported, this storage is internally installed with 2 x M.2 NVMe slots, which accelerates SSD caching and doubles the storage efficiency of disk arrays.
rkJ2FJskwfMmUauc.jpg
The F2-223/F4-223 comes with various functions including file storage, multimedia management, backup, cloud drive synchronization, remote access, 4K HD video transcoding, and it is also suitable for home file backup and multimedia entertainment.

To know more from other media
https://www.techpowerup.com/299291/terr ... with-traid
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
gio

Re: The 221 series has been upgraded!

Post by gio »

any plans to upgrade the 10gb series soon? F5-422 seems to be 3 years old now.
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

hi, can you briefly explain why a graphics card is needed for a NAS drive?
F2-210

crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

sianderson wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 20:55 hi, can you briefly explain why a graphics card is needed for a NAS drive?
It's still using the integrated graphics on the SoC for video acceleration , moreover for Emby & Plex Media Servers; if you wouldn't utilize those features, then it's not needed in your use case.
xenexprime

Re: The 221 series has been upgraded to a new generation

Post by xenexprime »

I hope people don't make my mistake and upgrade... I have an F5-221 and installed the newest upgrade and it has been a nightmare. It constanly hangs, when you reboot it takes forever to come back up if at all, the apps I used seamlessly before Plex and Emby both have several issues and constanly have to be reinstalled, they hang and freeze constanly. Plex doesn't even run...and yes I have done the read forums and tried several "solutions" but none work. I made a suppot ticket and nothing yet but it is awful. I would go back to the prior release if it wasn't because the Data might be at risk from what I have read on the forums and I don't have a big enough Hard Drive to back it up...

So do yourself a favor and WAIT till the update is more stable....
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMroy
These two NVMe drives are billed as being used for cache. Is it possible to use them as a regular storage pool, either separate from the main BTRFS storage pool or as part of it?

--
Chris
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

bidmead wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 23:57These two NVMe drives are billed as being used for cache. Is it possible to use them as a regular storage pool, either separate from the main BTRFS storage pool or as part of it?
It may be possible to use M key SATA drives in RAID, however M key NVMe don't seem to detect during NAS initialization, so cache will be the only use option.
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

I asked the same question of Eddie at NASCompares yesterday. Eddie has done extensive reviews and YouTubes on Terramaster. His reply: "Yes, you can use them [NVMes] for storage too. Similar to Qnap, the first RAID/Volume you create will be used for system and apps."

https://nascompares.com/answer/terramas ... e-m-2-ssd/

It would be good if we could have a definitive response from Terramaster.

--
Chris
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

Nvme is working fine on F4-423 as TOS and data storage.
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

{L_BUTTON_AT}outkastm
Thanks for that. I'm wondering if @crisisacting has any comments on this.

--
Chris