WIN TerraMaster NAS F4-210 & DAS D5-300C

Official announcements and latest news, awards from medias, and sucess stories.
Rashid

Re: WIN TerraMaster NAS F4-210 & DAS D5-300C

Post by Rashid »

I prefer NAS F4-210the Creativity expresses itself
Also, the downloadable apps include PLEX, Dropbox, SVN and Git servers to name a few, the RAM memory is expandable and i can access it using SSH and FTP protocols.
The quality is amazing for the price, the front and back are high qaulity platic with the inside being metal, the drive trays and even screw and screw driver....yes they give you a screw driver, the ethernet is high quality but very short.
DenisJosifoski

Post by DenisJosifoski »

NAS F4-210 and here are few of the reasons:
As I'm filmmaker and photographer, I always like to have backup of all my projects and files, but in same time I want to have access to them if I'm out of town or even country. But even then, after they are backed up, many times it happens to me that I want to access old files but I just can't because I don't have NAS. Also with NAS I wouldn't need to bring all the external hard drives with me, as I could simply upload them to NAS from anywhere in the world and at anytime.
yerc1

Post by yerc1 »

NAS and DAS, in general, are both very compelling products.
Do I want both? Sure I do. If I can only have one not both which would I chose?

Let me go through this NAS vs DAS in reference to the TerraMaster NAS F4-210 & DAS D5-300C.

NAS F4-210 delivers file storage, multimedia management, data backup, cloud synchronization,and remote access solutions, "and many more" (https://www.terra-master.com/global/pro ... 210-1.html).
As a TNAS owner, I understand what the above functions mean.
I understand too that the TNAS attaches to a network.
I also know that TerraMaster deliver their "many more" solutions claim via the increasing number of "native" apps (although I would like to see TerraMaster bump up the speed in this area) and with Docker "container apps". With Docker, options are limited only by one's ability to install and maintain Docker containers.

I have not used any DAS before.
The very little I know about DAS and TDAS D5-300C comes from reviews online.
This review (https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/terramast ... 0c-review/) describes the DAS D5-300C as an enclosure to hold multiple hard drives. Using a very fast UCB-C interface, it can be connected to a running computer (including mobile phone) as an external storage, but cannot be connected to a network.

If the DAS D5-300C is basically a fast external storage, I would imagine that the uses as described in the product page (https://www.terra-master.com/global/pro ... -300c.html) refer to those areas where one may require file/data storage:

"D5-300C is usable for various data application including video editing, photo backup, research and development, technical document preservation, file backup, music library, financial records, video surveillance, and corporate data storage."

Both the TerraMaster NAS F4-210 & DAS D5-300C are storage solutions. Their difference in this area lies in the TNAS being a storage solution accessible through a network while files/data held in the TDAS can be accessed by directly attaching the device to a running computer.

TNAS F4-210 is more than a storage solution, as described above.

Would the extra functionality make NAS F4-210 better than DAS D5-300C? Not really.

Both have their use case for me.

Which between NAS F4-210 & DAS D5-300C would I prefer?

When I am out looking to buy anything, I set my mind on what I need and pick the product that best fulfills that need.

As I already own a TNAS my answer to the question would be the NAS F4-210. It's because I can use a second NAS as an automatic redundancy backup (was I being redundant with that?)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}yerc1

great share!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Olegogo

Post by Olegogo »

I would find the DAS more useful because I only need a local backup.
d3c33u

Post by d3c33u »

I would choose NAS for the convenient network share since I need to access my data and work data anywhere I'm. Good luck everyone and Hapoy Holidays!
jill.polar

Post by jill.polar »

I'd choose DAS to go with my surveillance system.
RossHavens

Post by RossHavens »

NAS F4-210 better choice for LAN support and fully independent use for all network devices.
TiggerMS
Germany

Post by TiggerMS »

I prefer the NAS because it allows me to access it from any device
froge_2003

Post by froge_2003 »

A NAS is excellent in all aspects, it can be used in the family home to successfully cover the storage needs.