Rewards for developing applications for TNAS users

Official announcements and latest news, awards from medias, and sucess stories.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Rewards for developing applications for TNAS users

Post by TMroy »

Notification

In order to provide more benefits to TNAS users, any developer who develops an application with practical use value (including self-developed application or packaged third-party open source application) and share it in this community, he can get a prize from terramaster official.

Prize:
A cost $249.99 F2-221 device or a replacement from his current model to F5-422 with 10GbE which cost $599.99.
Pleaes email TerraMaster tech team after you publish your app.

Requirements:
1. The developer to need pack his development by following the instruction https://www.terra-master.com/global/developer/
2. Publish his .tpk package in forum viewforum.php?f=37&sid=32362f6f1d856911522c74a68ee3fba9
3. Need to explain the installation and use guide;
4. Receive 10 real user's positive reviews in one month after publication;

Others:
Developers need to agree to follow the relevant software license agreement and be responsible for any copyright issue.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
powerQ

Re: Rewards for developing applications for TNAS users

Post by powerQ »

Great news!
demetry14

Post by demetry14 »

Is TM reviewing every app uploaded to the forum for public consumption before the masses access them and potentially install intentional bugs or ransomware?
yerc1

Post by yerc1 »

demetry14 wrote:
> Is TM reviewing every app uploaded to the forum for public consumption
> before the masses access them and potentially install intentional bugs or
> ransomware?

Good one. More people should be pointing out that TM has a responsibility here.

See their response when I asked the same question (viewtopic.php?f=37&t=506 posts 3 to 6).
perezil

Post by perezil »

Let's say I want to create software and license it to customers, but use your hardware for it. How would I partner with you so we can both benefit?
RadicalDave

Post by RadicalDave »

I have been trying to get a CentOS environment setup and do some proof-of-concept testing for some applications.

However, with limited time, I am hopeful someone may be able to provide some better ideas/approaches to getting a "dev environment" running?

IE, does anyone have a Docker Compose/Container that has what is needed? Or can point me to best way to get an instance of CentOS (for developing TNAS apps) running?

Following steps to get CentOS running on Win 10 hasn't been successful yet. CentWSL (https://github.com/wsldl-pg/CentWSL) is 'discontinued' and tried using newer - CentOS8 - https://github.com/mishamosher/CentOS-WSL, but was unsuccessful and I wonder if its even a compatible version?

Is CentOS 8 usable? If not, can we get the version requirements specified at least? I am hopeful, there is a simple Docker container that can be used, as this seems as the perfect usage of Docker. :)

Thanks in advance.
RadicalDave
saipavan

Post by saipavan »

It's been a very very long time but, i recently came upon this amazing project by TerraMaster, and I must say, what a fantastic way to foster community creativity! Providing incentives to promote the creation of apps? It's an incredible deal. Winning isn't as important as making a difference and helping all TNAS users live better or easier lives (although who wouldn't want to get their hands on one of those stylish devices?).