App Center download issues

Discussion of applications not mentioned above.
schroetp

App Center download issues

Post by schroetp »

I recently reinstalled TOS as was having issues having apps showing to be available to install. Followed tech support advice to reset my DNS to 8.8.8.8 and re-install. Apps not available to download, but when I click download, they sit at 0% until is says operation failed.

I have done the following:
1. Ensured TNAS was setup in the firewall config as an enabled application. did not solve the problem
2. turned off my firewall, did not solve the problem
3. ensured DNS of 8.8.8.8 was set up in TNAS and in router

per other posts in the forum, checked and validated I only have a single ethernet connection for TNAS

What else can be done to resolve?

Thx,
Tom
schroetp

Re: App Center download issues

Post by schroetp »

so the issue appeared to be the firewall setup within TNAS, not my external firewall. I set up a single rule as directed in the following link: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2877

my rules are set for allow, so not sure why these are disabling app downloads. my TNAS IP is 192.168.0.20 which is within the firewall rules to allow (see attachments)

The only way downloads work is to disable this rule. Why is an allow firewall rule for an Ip address within an allowed range, which is allowed for all ports blocking this?
Attachments
screenshot 3.jpg
screenshot 3.jpg (12.93 KiB) Viewed 1212 times
screenshot 2.jpg
screenshot 2.jpg (14 KiB) Viewed 1212 times
screenshot 1.jpg
screenshot 1.jpg (13.42 KiB) Viewed 1212 times
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: App Center download issues

Post by TMroy »

Apps need to be downloaded from TerraMaster server, this server is outside your network, your rules blocked the TerraMaster server connection.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)