Wordpress installation doesn't upgrade

Discussion of applications not mentioned above.
claudiocarli

Wordpress installation doesn't upgrade

Post by claudiocarli »

Good morning,
I have just finished installing the latest version of TOS (5.0.176) on a new 12Tb HD, on my F5-422.

The first software I installed was Wordpress. The installation went well but when I tried to update it to the latest version 6.1.1 I got this error message:

Code: Select all

Downloading update from https://downloads.wordpress.org/release/wordpress-6.1.1-new-bundled.zip...
The authenticity of wordpress-6.1.1-new-bundled.zip could not be verified as no signature was found.
Unpacking the update...
Warning: ftp_mkdir(): /Volume1: Permission denied. in /Volume1/@apps/wordpress/webui/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-ftpext.php on line 560

Warning: ftp_delete(): "/" is current directory. in /Volume1/@apps/wordpress/webui/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-ftpext.php on line 393

Could not create directory.

Installation failed.
What do I have to do so that /Volume1 has write permissions in the directories used by WP?
During the TOS installation I was asked to create an administrator user because the root user was disabled for security reasons.
Could this be the problem?

Thank you very much
Claudio Carli
claudiocarli

Re: Wordpress installation doesn't upgrade

Post by claudiocarli »

I have resolved the issue giving this command in the root Wordpress dir:
chown -R <my administrator user>:<my administrator user> .
where <my administrator user> is the user TOS asked me to create during the installation process.

Before this, the Wordpress installation created dir and files with these settings:
drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nogroup 8.9K Jan 26 2022 wp-includes
-rwxrwxrw- 1 nobody nogroup 2.5K Feb 6 2020 wp-links-opml.php

The question is: Why WP doesn't use the right user to install itself?

I have evidence of similar problems in many other apps, some as Docker, Emby, etc. Seems to me that sometimes having disabled the default root user messes up these apps.
There is a way to resolve these problems?
Thank you
RhydianJai

Post by RhydianJai »

I am having the same issue and fortunately I find your post. I apply your solution and it works. Thank you for sharing.
claudiocarli

Post by claudiocarli »

RhydianJai wrote: 05 May 2023, 16:31 I am having the same issue and fortunately I find your post. I apply your solution and it works. Thank you for sharing.
You're welcome :)